vivo van lines/ Carmel Movers, Inc

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
boss_ton

Re: vivo van lines

Postby boss_ton » Wed Jul 09, 2003 10:37 am

has any of you posted a complain with BBB(bureau of better business)? www.bbb.org....cos i cant see anycomplain on BBB.....

MsT

Postby MsT » Thu Nov 20, 2003 6:21 pm

If someone had not referred me to Moving Scam.com, I too would have become a victim of Vivo Van Lines. Several things made me somewhat reluctant to do business with them, although I almost did--because of the lower price that they said they were willing to guarantee. I asked for a in-home quote and was told that was not necessary. They assured me their estimate--according to the items I described--was pretty accurate and allowed more space than what was really needed. I still didn't have a good feeling. They were much too aggressive for my comfort zone. They phoned me at home several times everyday, asking my decision. Anyhow, I told them I was no longer interested after reading the movingscam.com black list. They attempted to talk their way out of this by saying that the people who made these comments were their competetors. I asked if they have several locations, why on earth would someone single their specific site out and not their other locations. She became hesitant. This was the location on Sprague St. , Hyde Park, MA.
Please continue to keep others informed.

twalker
Site Admin

Postby twalker » Thu Nov 20, 2003 6:26 pm

Thanks MsT. It's always good to hear that what we're doing is helping people!

Tim Walker
MovingScam.com

hostage

Postby hostage » Tue Nov 25, 2003 4:35 pm

As of today my belongings have vanished into the vivo black hole. The worst part is that I didn't even select them. They are an "affiliate" of the company I hired in California to move me to New York. The attempted to bully me into paying cash. Then when I arranged to pay by credit card with the original company in CA, they agreed to deliver this morning. My things have not arrived. When I call they are agressively cruel. The gentleman at the company who goes by the name "Moti" said if I don't want to wait I should "come to Massachussettes and pick it up." Then when I told him I paid yesterday he said "That's exactly why you will be patient." That is the most outrageous thing I've ever heard. I should call my insurance company soon I guess.

consumer advocate

Postby consumer advocate » Tue Nov 25, 2003 5:26 pm

hostage,

Sorry this is happening to you. We all know very well what you're going through. Just for the record, what is the name of the company in California? Vivo Van Lines is already blacklisted here but their "affiliate" in California should be blacklisted as well.

RUN AWAY FROM VIVO

Postby RUN AWAY FROM VIVO » Thu Jan 29, 2004 3:49 pm

DONT EVEN CONSIDER USING VIVO VANLINES. YOUR STUFF WILL NOT ARRIVE WHEN PROMISED. YOUR STUFF WILL ARRIVE DAMAGED. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GET ANY ONE TO RETURN YOUR PHONECALLLS ONCE YOU HAVE PLACED A CLAIM.(EVEN AFTER LEAVING OVER 75 MESAGES)

brycen

Re: Vivo Van Lines, Allston MA

Postby brycen » Wed Feb 18, 2004 12:51 pm

These are the least careful movers you'll ever encounter:

Vivo Van Lines's long-distance truck was packed without any horizontal or vertical dividers. Our goods were commingled with other loads, either by design or accident. Early in the unloading, the Vivo driver stood on top of our TV box to reach goods piled high above his head. During unloading the goods of other customers crashed down at least three times, from the full height of the long-distance truck, onto ours. In one case a bicycle fell, injuring the hand of the driver. In another case our bookcases, which had been used to prop up a wall of other goods, failed. This crushed our bookcases, and buried the Vivo employee in boxes. Items marked "FRAGILE/THIS SIDE UP" were packed upside down, under dozens of heavy book boxes.

While we packed well, no job of packing could have survived the type of rough handling our goods received.

brycen

Postby brycen » Wed Feb 18, 2004 12:52 pm

Vivo's authority under the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration was revoked on Jan 15th, 2004. Of course, they moved us on Jan 27th, 2004.

crushed our goods

Postby crushed our goods » Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:11 pm

Here's the BBB report on Vivo Van Lines, showing a high number of complaints:
http://www.bosbbb.org/reports/reliabili ... rmId=87437
They're also known as Best Relocation, Inc.

jenduv

Postby jenduv » Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:53 pm

Definitely do not use Vivo... unfortunately I am just finding these issues out now, but we too used Vivo to move from Boston to Portland, OR. Our stuff came a few days late, due to the driver ripping the roof off of the first truck going through a short underpass. Our stuff came wet and mildewed, and a box of our belongings is still missing. Most of our things were ruined and we are now in phone tag hell with "Earlene" in customer service. Right now we are planning a lawsuit against the company... if anyone wants to try to fight this feel free to shot me an email at vivosucks@hotmail.com

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Tue Mar 16, 2004 8:02 pm

I think a good suggestion to all of you is to visit this site and call their lawyer-referral service.

www.moverescue.com

Good luck!

Michael

Postby Michael » Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:45 pm

Jenduv,

Please dont take this the wrong way, but I have to ask a few questions. Because from what you said, I dont see a scam. I see a company that delievered your goods late. Delivered your goods wet and with mildew. And now your playing phone tag trying to file your claim.

Now unless they specifically are over charging you way more then quoted, or are still holding some of your goods hostage for more money, and I hate to say it, I dont see a scam in your case. I see just a horrible move. If they are avoiding your calls for the purpose of refuting your claims, and you purchased full coverage, then yes you have a scam.

So if you have more details for us pertaining to your thoughts of the scam, please utilize moverescue as musicmom has mentioned. We know this is a scam company, from its past and a horrible moving company.

Best of luck,
Michael

Forget yourself for others and the others will never forget

Fred

Postby Fred » Wed Mar 31, 2004 1:02 am

As a person also trying to get Vivo Vanlines to pay a claim, I side with Jenduv. Vivo keeps sending me letters with irrelevant statements meant to try and distract me from the real issue (they lost my boxes, crushed my furniture).

Most recently they informed me that "These guys may deliver up to 4 customers per day. They do not have time to read individual boxes". And that "Coverage is not insurance". And of course that the furniture they crushed is not their fault because "items were dismantled by customer". So they are free to destroy anything dismantled by the customer?!

Vivo Van Lines is a real moving company, but not a very good one. They haev a claims department that has no interest in locating lost goods, or paying claims. Maybe it is not quite a scam, but you certainly don't want to trust them to move anything important.

Josh

Postby Josh » Wed Mar 31, 2004 7:28 am

Fred,

I beg to differ with you. Vivo is a classic scam operation!

Do not fall into believing that this was just a mistake with your damaged goods. These clowns do this everyday and consistently scam people!
"A man who has never gone to school may steal from a freight car; but if he has a university education, he may steal the whole railroad."
-Theodore Roosevelt

Brycen

Postby Brycen » Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:40 am

Josh; How do you know they do it every day? They did it to me, sure, but what's your source of information?

Here's a copy of my most recent letter:
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Vivo Vanlines
65 Sprauge Street
Hyde Park, MA 02136

Re: Job #XXXXXXXX

March 31, 2004

Dear "Claims Department";

I have received your letter dated March 16th, but sent March 25th.

You claim that "Coverage is not Insurance". OK, then, what it is? To quote from your own website:

If you elect to purchase full value protection, articles that are lost, damaged or destroyed will be either repaired, replaced with like items, or a cash settlement will be made for the current market replacement value regardless of the age of the lost or damaged item. Unlike the other options, depreciation of the lost or damaged item is not a factor in determining replacement value when the shipment is moved under full value protection.

We purchased $20,000 in "Full (replacement) Value Protection."

Your company lost and destroyed items, including a flat screen computer monitor and bookshelves which the company packed. You refused to even pretend to look for the lost computer monitor. Your company provided a substandard moving product, under false pretenses of membership in the AMSA, and under a suspended authority to conduct interstate moves.

Please respond with a cash settlement offer, not additional diversionary tactics.

Bryce Nesbitt
1712 Marin Avenue
Berkeley, CA 94707-2206
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Note that I did complain to the BBB, but Vivo told the BBB the problems were all because I did "not pay my storage fees". This was untrue for at least three reasons (1- I paid in full, 2- long distance moves come with 1 month of free storage, 3- they did not actually store the goods, they arrived early causing us great headaches).

Return to “Open Community”