vivo van lines/ Carmel Movers, Inc

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
farrah7031

Re: vivo van lines/ Carmel Movers, Inc

Postby farrah7031 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:10 pm

It would have to be the latest date of your delivery spread stated on your contract. They do have 30 days after the latest date listed on your contract to deliver to you before the FMCSA will consider it "theft", fyi.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:59 pm

Penghuin,

At this point, you have to continue your patience. Scam movers tell all sorts of stories (and yes, it is possible the guy lied about his brother) to just string yo along, while the real story is that they are just taking their sweet time arranging the actual transportation of your goods. They will not keep your stuff, it wil be delivered. The teimframe is the only isse.

I suggest you go get an air mattress, some reuseable Chinet plastic dishes and utensils, and stock your fridge with oven-friendly pre-made meals. It could take up to 30 days from pickup to be delivered.

Do not take this as a suggestion to lie down quietly, however. Call them several times a day from different phones. Email them. Fax them (my favorite is whote letters on a black background) with demands for your things.

When you get them, please update us, an then file your complaint by linking at the top right of any page.

Penghuin

Postby Penghuin » Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:58 pm

Farrah- I looked on the FMCSA site, and found plenty of useful stuff, but not the thirty day/theft stuff, or what my recourse might be.

Musicmom- thirty days from pick-up? It's now almost six weeks from pick-up, and over thirty days from original delivery date.

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:07 pm

Penghuin wrote:Farrah- I looked on the FMCSA site, and found plenty of useful stuff, but not the thirty day/theft stuff, or what my recourse might be.

Musicmom- thirty days from pick-up? It's now almost six weeks from pick-up, and over thirty days from original delivery date.

Ahh yes. FMCSA seems to quote that 30 days after the last delivery date, but no one is able to find it in writing. I'm working on getting it. :) There pretty much is no recourse <shrug> I worked with a broker that assigned me a mover that was unlicensed. They picked up my stuff and never delivered it. I ended up having to go pick it up halfway across the country 6 weeks after latest delivery date on contract. I hope you've complained to all these places:
http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9256
Sometimes if you get all these people involved, the mover doesn't want to deal with them all. Good luck to you, and PM me with questions.

Farrah

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:31 pm

Sorry, Penghuin, I missed that important info.

Have you contacted the MA attorney general for help? File a police report for the things as stolen, maybe the investigation will light a fire under them.

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:20 am

Ex-employee wrote:BEWARE!!! KEEP AWAY FROM THESE CREEPS!!!!

I used to work for these people for a few months, until one of my customers told me to look here, in the Black List. I'm an honest person, so I quit. I did Sales, and only Sales. Anything to do with Customer Service was always automatically directed to another # so we never knew the Hell our customers went through. (By the way, Jennifer is Vivo's wife). Not only does this company rip off their customers, but also their employees. They have refused to pay me, even though I gave them plenty of notice of my intentions. I know they were mad at my reason for quitting, but like I said, I am an honest person. Vivo & his partner Matt (Moshi) both live in what you & I would consider mansions, they have several cars, the new Mustangs, BMW's, etc. They are living high on the hog stepping on people and they really do NOT care about their customers, employees, or anything. I am a single mother and they know that I support my kids by myself, but don't care. So, PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!! THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF!!

If what you say is true, that is a criminal act. There is a group of the Mass. Attorney General's office that specializes in unpaid wages. I don't believe that lack of notice is a valid reason for withholding wages. So why did you quit?

moeandjess

Postby moeandjess » Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:55 pm

We were recently relocated from Cal. to Savannah GA, That was in April. We found a place in June and told them to bring our things. The answer I got was this000tell me how smart they are. They told me the truck was coming from Ca. then going to Delaware, then to Tx,then to Fl.and our stuff was in the very back of the truck so it would have to be last!!!!How smart by-pass Tx and go to Delaware!!!MY wife and have nothing!!We've had to buy just the basic things just to survive!!I.ve called everyone but George Bush,no one will return phone calls and I don't even believe EARLENE exixts---sounds like a fahe name to me. I just wish I had checked before I used them.I guess legal action is next---while we go naked and hungry while sitting on the floor!!!!!!!

farrah7031

Postby farrah7031 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:01 am

MoeandJess-

Here's a list of people to complain:
http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9256

You should write a letter and send it certified mail to the movers, and CC the Office of Investigator General, FMCSA, BBB and the Attorney General of that state. That has seemed to work for a couple of people.

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:23 pm

You said on July 20, 2006:

I used to work for these people for a few months, until one of my customers told me to look here, in the Black List. I'm an honest person, so I quit. I did Sales, and only Sales. Anything to do with Customer Service was always automatically directed to another # so we never knew the Hell our customers went through. (By the way, Jennifer is Vivo's wife). Not only does this company rip off their customers, but also their employees. They have refused to pay me, even though I gave them plenty of notice of my intentions. I know they were mad at my reason for quitting, but like I said, I am an honest person. Vivo & his partner Matt (Moshi) both live in what you & I would consider mansions, they have several cars, the new Mustangs, BMW's, etc. They are living high on the hog stepping on people and they really do NOT care about their customers, employees, or anything. I am a single mother and they know that I support my kids by myself, but don't care. So, PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!! THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF!!

I told you that you could file a complaint with the Mass. Attorney General and they would get this pay for you. Did you follow up? If they don't pay you the money you are owed, the owners can be put in jail.

Ex-Employee

Postby Ex-Employee » Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:28 pm

Hi! I quit because of their devious ways of practice. In sales, of any kind, there is always a position somewhere. One of my potential customers would not book with me and told me to come to this website to look up the company I was working for. So I did. And I felt so horrible for the customers that I had already booked. It was illegal for me to call any of them to warn them, so the best I could do was quit and not put anyone else through what so many others had endured. I am a Christian and a mother and I must set an example for my children. Working for that slime was not being a good example. I thank you for the info as far as contacting the Mass Atty Gen. I will try to find out how on-line.
Those people are creeps!!! :evil: Keep your money & go with a company NOT listed on this website...

GUETS

Postby GUETS » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:29 am

Anonymous wrote:You said on July 20, 2006:

I told you that you could file a complaint with the Mass. Attorney General and they would get this pay for you. Did you follow up? If they don't pay you the money you are owed, the owners can be put in jail.

You are a liar.. You never worked there!!

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:40 am

How do you know? This person never identified themself.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:57 am

BTW- the person posting as Ex-Employee wrote in several times as Tysh, the Office Manager for Moving Van Lines.

http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtop ... 8823#58823

johnsmith-mover

Postby johnsmith-mover » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:04 pm

Yea okay I know I'm a first time poster, but I ran across this site when looking for reviews for Carmel Movers. Well, I found several good and several bad reviews, but they offered a cheap, reasonable price, and were available on my pick up and delivery days.

After reading through this entire thread, just for the heck of it, I tried out Carmel movers on a small move. I can tell you this: I was surprised at how opposite they acted to what I have read here. They showed up on time, packed my stuff in a timely, well manered fashion, and even delivered my stuff (without any damage, yes, no damage or anything) and even unpacked and placed everything in the house for me.

Now, I don't know what happened in the previous times they've worked with people, but they worked out for me.

Just my 2 cents.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:37 am

Can you please tell us a bit about your move? I see you're in FL now, did you go there from MA? What did they charge you, and how much stuff did they say you had (Weight or Cubic Feet)? How long did it take to arrive?

Return to “Open Community”