international move

A forum for questions and helpful information and advice about international moves and moving companies.
sammy

Re: international move

Postby sammy » Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:31 am

An update... I emailed IntlMOVE, Inc. on January 23, outlining that they received my deposit on Jan 13, and then on Jan14 they said they were working on a contract. As for the refund policy, it was sent on Jan 14, but to the email address of the friend holding my belongings!! So, I reinforced that they were never given a change in email address for contacting us, and that the emails outlined how much we paid and were to pay for the move. So much for privacy!!!!, and that I wanted a full and immediate refund. I also cc'ed it to FMC and Dept of Transportation. As of yet, I have not received a response from them. I confirmed that they are members of AMSA, but I could not match their license # or the company name with the FMC. So, where do I go from here??

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:47 pm

Please read my last post. I called and got their license number (listed in red). So now your issue is your refund.

sammy

Postby sammy » Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:41 pm

I used the FMC license # listed by MusicMom to be sure that IntlMOVE, Inc was indeed working with a license. However, the search for the license # did not show IntlMOVE. Did I miss it?
The issue is the refund . I have emailed them as previously mentioned on last email. As well, I have since called them several times. They will not put me through to the accounting dept, who I believe is the owner, and will not return my calls. Does anyone have any suggestions for getting my deposit back? Would it be helpful to email BBB, as they are a member and have had 3 other complaints filed and resolved with BBB?

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:00 pm

They do indeed have that license, I found it on the NVOCC list. For some reason, searching using the name in any form does not find it. I had to search using that specific license number.

I sincerely apologize for this misinformation.

However, their behavior towards you has been unacceptable. They are giving you the runaround. The email where they sent you the refund policy, what exactly did it say? Did it say 3 days before pickup, 7 days, no refund, etc? Wondering if, since you got the email on the 14th, and pickup was the 19th, did they even give you enough time?

Send the letter politely requesting the refund to them via Certified Mail, and CC it to the FMC and HHGFAA. List the timeline. Note all contacts you've made requesting the refund. List the people you've spoken with and messages having been left.

It could be that you're out the money, but I really hope not. That's a lot of money, and I don't want you to have to use them just to avoid losing the deposit.

twalker
Site Admin

Postby twalker » Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:15 pm

sammy wrote:I also cc'ed it to FMC and Dept of Transportation. As of yet, I have not received a response from them.

Sammy, please sign up for an account and contact me or contact me through the comments page.

Tim Walker
MovingScam.com

Return to “International Moves”