mobile

Graebel Van Lines

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.

Graebel Van Lines

Postby scorpmonkey » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:46 am

Just wanted to update everyone on my mover from MSP to AUSTIN:
I am also adding Graebel to the list of possible movers I am interested in. (Berger and Mohawk were my other choices and Beltman - Beltman so far is the most expensive quoting $1300 for my 1,000 pounds and $687 per month if I choose storage.
I got a quote over the phone from Graeble and it's about $1,000 for 1200 pounds (I do not have much stuff but here is a 1,000 pound minimum).
If I am interested they will have someone come out and estimate my studio size apt.
They also mentioned that it would be $167 extra if I needed to use a shuttle if the truck could not fit into where I am moving from.
Linda Bahgat (972-864-8505 X 243) was very helpful on the phone - I am considering them strongly bc of their good review on this post AND they were the preferred moving company at AMD in TX where I used to work.
I will keep ya'll up to date as I move along on this move.
8)
Kat
scorpmonkey

Re: Graebel Van Lines

Postby ArchieWhite » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:18 am

Scorp, make sure you verify that monthly stg charge, it can't be that much.....something is off
ArchieWhite

Postby smatwilly » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:25 am

Archie--do you think that storage charge may be for a local pick & the first months storage? I know sometimes SIT rates are pretty hefty-----??

Sherry
smatwilly

Postby ArchieWhite » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:28 am

It probably is the total price, pickup/delivery, first days storage and 29 additional days, but then it would drop off steeply for month #2, but he said $675 monthly, so I think maybe thats only the first month, second month much less.
ArchieWhite

Postby farrah7031 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:06 am

Kat, make sure they come out and do an in home estimate.
farrah7031

Postby scorpmonkey » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:50 am

Thanks for all your feedback - I talked to Graebel more (they are coming out as well as Berger and Mohawk this Friday 3/21)

I asked Graebel about storage and Linda (the rep) said it's not storage that costs so much it's the delivery OUT charge - they have to unload my stuff and load it again - so that's where I would be charged the most.
If I am lucky, I can get ask my friend to store my stuff in his garage OR rent out a storage space for $125 a month and have them deliver it there.

All I want is a trustworthy company - the rest will fall into place..I hope...and with a lot of praying and KNOWLEDGE on my part.

Again, I will keep you posted and give you feedback. :P
Kat
scorpmonkey

Postby Diane » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:51 am

scorpmonkey wrote:I am considering them strongly bc of their good review on this post AND they were the preferred moving company at AMD in TX where I used to work

Hi - I'm adding your nice comment about Linda to the Superlist but actually we don't have any prior good reviews about this particular office of Graebel.
Diane

Postby scorpmonkey » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:19 pm

I am not sure about this specific office but here is what I got from our boards:

http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtop ... c&start=60

Graebel service centers

--Graebel in Houston.
Recommended by "IMP."
One interesting thing is that according to "JK" (moving to Boston), Graebel was the only company that had accurate information about problems caused by the Democratic National Convention in Boston in July 2004. Agents of other moving companies were behind the eight-ball and didn't show any recognition of the problem at first. We don't know who "JK" actually moved with, however, or how it turned out:
http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtop ... 3164#13164 (interstate)
"pkphy39" chose Graebel for his move to CO:
http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7965 (interstate)
"Ang" was very happy with Graebel for a move to the D.C. area:
http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9406 (interstate)
Kat
scorpmonkey

Postby Diane » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:31 pm

Yes, I know . . . but the offices are all different. However, the van line as a whole has a good reputation.
Diane

Postby joesgarage39 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:25 pm

If you are using the MSP Graebel office you are in great hands. I know those people up there and they do a great job. It wouldn't be fair for me to just pick them out and the other choices are good ones as well. But if you chose Graebel on your move it won't be a bad move.
joesgarage39

Return to Open Community