mobile

Looking for new info on Charming Movers, Rockville, MD

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.

Looking for new info on Charming Movers, Rockville, MD

Postby dr williams » Tue May 16, 2006 7:15 pm

The only data I could find on this company in your web site is dated. Anyone had success, or failure, with Charming Movers since November 2005?
dr williams

Re: Looking for new info on Charming Movers, Rockville, MD

Postby MusicMom » Tue May 16, 2006 7:42 pm

Yes, they got a BBB complaint that they did not respond to. The BBB still has no info on them. Not a good sign. Theya re NOT in good standing with the MD Department of Taxation.

They also run a pet-sitting service. :roll:

Are you looking for a local mover, or a long-distance movers?
MusicMom

Postby dr williams » Wed May 17, 2006 12:47 pm

I saw the BBB complaint file. I checked the DOT files and the saftey and insurance info.
Did not see the MD Dept of Taxation info.

I am making a long distance move. Have checked out several movers. This company is very small (owner says 8 trucks plus rented semi) and are by far the least expensive. Offering a "flat rate".
dr williams

Postby Diane » Wed May 17, 2006 1:31 pm

I strongly urge you not to use this company. Companies do not change their spots.

If cost is a concern, PLEASE use either ABF U-Pack or Broadway Express and hire people from LaborReady.com to help you load. They too offer a flat rate, and more than 200 rave reviews are on stickies at the top of the messageboard here.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.
Diane

Postby MusicMom » Wed May 17, 2006 2:00 pm

If they have 8 trucks, then they are rentals driven by ghosts. They ahve reported to the DOT that they have one truck and driver. That one driver has already been put out of commission for driving with a disqualified CMV license. They have ony been licensed to move interstate since Feb. Flat rates are not really an economical way to go, and allow for a loophole that says the mover can trash the binding quote by merely saying that you have more stuff than you told them about.

If you are moving long distance from Maryland, then I would suggest calling JK Moving, Hilldrup, Moyer & Sons, WorldWide Moving.

Where are you moving to?
MusicMom

Postby charming mover... » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:57 pm

MusicMom wrote:If they have 8 trucks, then they are rentals driven by ghosts. They ahve reported to the DOT that they have one truck and driver. That one driver has already been put out of commission for driving with a disqualified CMV license. They have ony been licensed to move interstate since Feb. Flat rates are not really an economical way to go, and allow for a loophole that says the mover can trash the binding quote by merely saying that you have more stuff than you told them about.

If you are moving long distance from Maryland, then I would suggest calling JK Moving, Hilldrup, Moyer & Sons, WorldWide Moving.

Where are you moving to?
I need help. The company moved me to Newton Miss. I signed a contract for 2,940.00, but I was charged 7,255.00 for moving. I have asked for a contract and only received a receipt on 2 weeks ago. Who can I file this complaint to... GC-Tennessee.
charming mover...

Postby farrah7031 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:59 pm

Charmingmover, we'll need a bit more information. Where did they move you from? Did you get your things? How much stuff did you have?
farrah7031

Postby Michael » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:44 am

If you truely are a Doctor, then be smart and stop looking for cheap. I know sometimes you "smarter" people think it wont happen to you, or your big and tough and wont let a scam happen to you, but believe me, it will happen to you and there is nothing you can do about it if you proceed with the mind set of "they are by far cheaper then everyone else".

Would you recommend a doctor who was "by far" cheaper then any other doctor out there?? Chances would be that so called doctor is licensed, or is practicing without a license, has been banned from medical practice, or is just incompetent.

So do some homework. If you wish to do the move yourself, contact ABF or Broadway Express. If you wish to hire movers, look for agents in yor area that represent United, Atlas, Allied, North American and have them come to your home and get quotes.

The above "smarter" comment was in general and not directed at you in particular.

Best of luck,
Michael

Forget yourself for others and the others will never forget
Michael

Postby MusicMom » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:43 am

Michael, the original poster was from last May. The person who revived the thread is "Charming Mover..."

GC, what reasons did they give for the inflated price? How did they estiamte your move, did they come to your house or did you provide them with an inventory? What kind of estiamte was it, does it say BINDING, NON-BINDING, or Guaranteed Not To Exceed?
MusicMom

Postby Michael » Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:21 pm

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Michael

Forget yourself for others and the others will never forget
Michael

Postby KristyK » Tue May 20, 2008 12:20 pm

My boyfriend & I were planning on moving into an apartment together and we needed to combine our 2 apartments. We initially intended to move everything ourselves w/ the help of his family. The move was supposed to happen on a Saturday and on Wednesday we decided that we should hire professionals. I used to be a server in a Rockville restaurant and two of my regulars were the owners of Charming movers. I had served them, as well as their children, several times so I knew that they were good people who wouldn't scam me or overcharge.

I was shocked that they accepted to do the move on such short notice. On the day of both my boyfriend and I had to work so his parents oversaw everything. The moving men showed up a half an hour early (which was perfect) and went right to work. My boyfriend’s mother was so impressed with Tony and Anthony's speed and strength carrying everything down from my third floor walk up. Next they went over to his place and had to carry everything up a flight of stairs. Finally they brought everything over to our new apartment and positioned our items where they were told. The whole time that it took the men were professional and polite; they referred to her as Miss Mary which I thought was so cute. They wouldn't even touch my jug of spare change since they didn't want to be responsible for handling money. I was most nervous about our $3000 HD TV, but there wasn't a scratch on it.

The whole move only lasted 4 hours, I couldn't believe it. They were able to make two stops to pick up our stuff and the last one to drop it off. If we had done this ourselves it would have taken a week.

I can not even begin to say enough good things about Charming Movers and the owners. Thanks again for everything!!
KristyK

Re: **Looking for new info on Charming Movers, Rockville, MD

Postby JMillerFL » Tue May 20, 2008 3:17 pm

My what a good review. :roll:

Funny how a good moves gets reported on a website that most people visit to report a problem they have had or may have with a mover they may or may not have used.

It kind of amusing. I know if I had a really good move the first thing I would do is go to movingscam.com. :P
JMillerFL

Postby r.tennison » Tue May 20, 2008 4:14 pm

JK Movers is an excellent company. I have dealt with them and they are on the up and up.
r.tennison

Postby Rick » Tue May 20, 2008 5:22 pm

JMiller wrote:
I know if I had a really good move the first thing I would do is go to movingscam.com.
Boy, did I have you pegged wrong! Considering your background, I figured you for the sort who'd buy every crew member an imported six-pack of cold, chilly ones, tip 'em $500 each, treat them to the finest steak dinner in town before offering them to bunk at your house for the evening. I really didn't think you'd write your review until after you tucked them in. :wink:
Rick

Postby JMillerFL » Tue May 20, 2008 7:48 pm

There was a time in this industry that you would be right but those days are long gone. :( I grew up in this industry and it would be hard to give most of todays help a bucket of water if they are on fire. :?
JMillerFL

Next

Return to Open Community