mobile

MGM moving Ft. lauderdale to Hartford any comments?

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.

MGM moving Ft. lauderdale to Hartford any comments?

Postby babs » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:59 am

We are moving to CT from Ft lauderdale. Have several quotes for our 4 bd 2200 sq ft home. Weight ranges from 11,000lbs to 7500lbs and prices from 7,000-5,600. Have quotes from Allied, United and some smaller firms Neighors (a no) and Superior (also a no).
A friend referred me to movers who referred me to MGM moving. They are mostly in Boston area but opened up down here after all the back and forth.
I would love to go with MGM because I would save money but I'm also being a bit cautious because the weight he came up with is so much less than the bigger carriers who had the palm pilots and computers to figure weight based on inventory. He's given me a flat rate, no fuel surcharge and boxes and will pack my large artwork pieces and large dresser mirror. Wrote on slip no extra charges. It almost sounds too good to be true?
Any experience with MGM movers? Does this sound too good to be true? He was very confident on the weight, compared us to a house similar with lots more stuff, heavier furniture that only weighed 9,000lbs.

Thanks!!!
Vicki
babs

Re: MGM moving Ft. lauderdale to Hartford any comments?

Postby Rick » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:14 am

There's aren't a lot of red flags posted at FMCSA's consumer complaint database http://tinyurl.com/3qmuqp

With only one piece of equipment registered to do interstate household moves, however, the attractive estimate really doesn't mean much if the truck is tied up on the day you need it.
Rick

Re: MGM moving Ft. lauderdale to Hartford any comments?

Postby BillAdams » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:05 pm

Hartford?
If your United estimate came from Capitol, you'll be in good hands. This is an established, well-run, family owned business with much integrity.
Bill Adams
Finding good people is worth the effort you make.
BillAdams

Return to Open Community