mobile

*Anyone had experience with Suddath International/Sentry International

A forum for questions and helpful information and advice about international moves and moving companies.

*Anyone had experience with Suddath International/Sentry International

Postby M.Halasz » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:57 pm

I am preparing to move back to the US from Germany and the US end will be taken care of by Suddath/International/SentryInternational out of Jacksonville, Fl. Does anyone have any experience with either of them (name change was apparently filed to change Suddath to Sentry). After all the bad press about moves, am very nervous! Thanks! MCFischer
M.Halasz

Re: Anyone had experience with Suddath International/Sentry International

Postby kelly33 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:49 am

Suddath/Sentry is a reputable mover. Both are subsidiaries of The Suddath Companies and the company has been providing moving services since 1919.
kelly33

Postby Noone » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:17 am

Suddath/Sentry are well regarded. Who is the Freight Forwarder?
Noone

Postby paulj » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:28 pm

That office of Sentry Suddath are moving me from Orlando to Australia and the movers came today to pack everything.

I have the highest praise for this company - from the people in their office to the guys who came to pack today. They are always contactable, friendly and helpful and also provided the most comprehensive written quote out of the 4 or 5 companies that I contacted at the start.
Wherever you go, there you are
paulj

Postby PMueller » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:23 pm

paulj wrote:That office of Sentry Suddath are moving me from Orlando to Australia and the movers came today to pack everything.

I have the highest praise for this company - from the people in their office to the guys who came to pack today. They are always contactable, friendly and helpful and also provided the most comprehensive written quote out of the 4 or 5 companies that I contacted at the start.

I'm so glad all has gone well for you! I know you struggled with the decision and searched many companies.....I'm glad you were able to decide on one that you are so comfortable with. Please let me know when you move is complete, you can send a PM to me or post a review here.
"Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they can't get it wrong."
PMueller

Re: *Anyone had experience with Suddath International/Sentry International

Postby PMueller » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:27 pm

I requested international quotes and booked through Sentry even when I was not working for Suddath. They always treated my customers with great respect, was available to answer questions/concerns, and was able to provide good service for origin and destination locations while still keeping the move competitively priced. The location in Jacksonville is Suddath's corporate hometown, I would be amazed if you had any problem with them on the destination end.
"Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they can't get it wrong."
PMueller

Postby Diane » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:29 am

Paul,

Thanks for this great review of Suddath Jacksonville, which I added to the Superlist linked to under my name.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.
Diane

Postby PMueller » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:28 am

Sentry International a subsidiary of the Suddath Companies are handling the international portion of the shipment. They are located in Jacksonville as is the Suddath Companies Headquarters.

The Suddath office that has provided the actual services performed thus far for Paul is Suddath/Orlando in his origin city. However it has all been performed at the request of Sentry International.

The review is still valid for Sentry on the communication and written quote information. I would like to see Sentry International receive the praise/comments vs Suddath Jacksonville as they are 2 separate offices.
PMueller

Postby Diane » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:27 am

Pam, when it's an international move, we usually don't talk about anything but the origin agent (estimating, packing) in the Superlist, to save space. International moves have their own thread. Would it be appropriate for me to put these remarks under Suddath Orlando and remove them from Suddath Jacksonville on the Superlist?
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.
Diane

Postby PMueller » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:14 pm

Well, the origin agent would be Suddath/Orlando. However, I think the communication that Paul was referring to along with the ease of understanding the international quote was praise that should go directly to Sentry International - which of course is located in Jacksonville.

Can we make 2 comments - one for the communication/comprensive quoting provided by Jacksonville and one for the packing services provided by Orlando? Am I asking for alot of extra work? Ultimately, as long as it is noted somewhere I'm happy!! :D
PMueller

Postby ArchieWhite » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:05 pm

Make it 3 comments, add that we all miss Quinn, and wish him a nice retirement...he's one of the few movers that made it that far.
ArchieWhite

Postby Diane » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:09 pm

ArchieWhite wrote:...he's one of the few movers that made it that far.

What do you mean, Archie?
Diane
Diane

Postby ArchieWhite » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:14 pm

It's just a throwaway remark, one of my specialties......but honestly, I don't know too many movers who have ever been able to retire.......or if they did, it was just for a short time, after they were physically unable to work anymore, and their 'retirement' was spent breathing their last.

I was referring to Quinn Bell, the retired President of Suddath.....a good guy, who could come out of retirement ( he retired young) and run just about any moving company in the country, and make it better.
ArchieWhite

Postby PMueller » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:49 am

ArchieWhite wrote:I was referring to Quinn Bell, the retired President of Suddath.....a good guy, who could come out of retirement ( he retired young) and run just about any moving company in the country, and make it better.
He is one of the greatest!! It is nice to hear and know how well respected he is in the industry.

ArchieWhite wrote:It's just a throwaway remark, one of my specialties......
One of your MANY specialties.....right?? :wink:
PMueller

Postby paulj » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:37 pm

I'm fine with the positive comments being split between Sentry Int'l in Jacksonville for their quoting and availability and Suddath in Orlando for their packing services.

If you want to make it 3 comments to account for Quinn then that's ok too :-) but I'd prefer to give credit to David L from Suddath who packed us and Tara B, Chris J and Mike R from Sentry Int'l.

Pam et al I'll update from Australia when everything arrives there...am leaving Wednesday.
Wherever you go, there you are
paulj

Next

Return to International Moves