mobile

vivo van lines/ Carmel Movers, Inc

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.

vivo van lines/ Carmel Movers, Inc

Postby tray-guest » Wed Jun 04, 2003 9:03 pm

We are moving from Boston MA to Portland OR. The company that gave us the best quote was Vivo van lines,65 Sprage st Boston MA. Has anyone used them any comments. They came to the house to do an estimate and gave us a "long distance binding estimate of cost". On their forms are ICC DOT AND MC numbers. The only thing giving me concern is the fact that they quote by cubic feet. Thank you.
tray-guest

Re: vivo van lines

Postby Bigrigger » Wed Jun 04, 2003 9:11 pm

Plz check out some of the other posts and Tim's article on how to choose a mover. Never, never, never use a mover that quotes you by the cubic foot. It screams scam.
Bigrigger

Postby Rebel » Thu Jun 05, 2003 12:58 am

Vivo Van Lines, Inc.
65 Sprague St.
Boston, MA 02136
President: Yariv Moshe
866-848-6471
Established: 2002

Vivo Vanlines, Inc.
119 Braintree St. Suite 119
Allston, MA 02134
President: Yariv Moshe
Office Manager: Jennifer Moshe
866-848-6471
Established: 2001
DOT# 1021332
MC# 431898
2 units, 4 drivers
Rebel

Postby Rebel » Thu Jun 05, 2003 1:01 am

Address listed on Massachusetts Corporations database:
100 Waltham Ave. Apt#18
Watertown, MA 02472
Rebel

Postby Rebel » Thu Jun 05, 2003 2:32 am

119 Braintree Street #303
Allston, MA
617-987-8556

Sprague St and Braintree St look like rented mailbox addresses. Not sure if the Waltham is valid.
Rebel

Postby consumer advocate » Thu Jun 05, 2003 8:25 am

I want to second what bigrigger told you. Scam movers like to give quotes by cubic foot because the already weak and unenforced laws in place to protect consumers only apply to weight shipments. To charge you for a weight shipment, they are required to provide certified weight tickets and if you think you're being scammed, you have the right to a re-weigh and to be present at that re-weigh. Cubic foot shipments have none of these regulations. So if they can get you to agree to a cubic foot shipment, it's a little easier to scam you. NEVER go with a company that quotes by cubic foot.
consumer advocate

Postby Tyrone » Thu Jun 05, 2003 7:33 pm

CROOKS! RUN AWAY! RUN AWAY!!
As part of a previous investigation I have PERSONALLY spoken with Jennifer from Vivo Van lines, I can personally guarantee that they are documented liars, deceivers and cheaters.

On top of all that, Jennifer claimed that their connection with scam superstars Elite Van Lines and Star Van Lines was merely coincidental.

They're on the black list at www.MovingAdvocateTeam.com so be sure to check there as well as here.

Here on Movingscam.com, another complaint about Vivo just came in on June 3. The customer reports that Vivo has given them the runaround treatment lasting for several months and refuses to pay the insurance claims, even though the company has admitted that the claim is valid.
Tyrone

Postby Josh » Fri Jun 06, 2003 8:09 am

Tray,

I quoted a customer last year for a move to SC and it came down to me versus VIVO. I did not get the move even though I told the customer cubic foot was not the way to be charged, but they ended up going with VIVO anyway.

Needless to say, I called them a couple of months later to see how their move went. The lady was almost in tears and told me she cpouldn't talk about the move. I asked if their was a lawsuit against them and she said yes.

Although she wouldn't give me any details, my heart went out for her because I knew what had happened. When I called VIVO, they told me thaey had 2 trucks, but several offices, one being in Columbus, OH.

I would not use them if I were you!!!!

Josh
Josh

Postby Bigrigger » Sat Jun 07, 2003 12:44 pm

Josh. I really feel for you people in the COD moving bizz. I can tell you, Mike, Nancy & Bob really try to provide good service to your customers. It's hard to compeate with pirates though. I work in logistics, and the HHG sales people I know say it's going to be another terrible year. Some major van lines agents will be out of business by the end of the coming winter. The COD and Corp. business is just not there and the COD moves that are out there are going to "Super Chep Movers" and the like.
I have been out of the bizz sense binding estimates came into being, and damn glad of it. It's probably a good thing you all are proficient with computers. (Just kidding..I hope)

Good luck this summer!
Bigrigger

Postby Bob Murphy » Sat Jun 07, 2003 2:40 pm

Bigrigger, you got that right, competing with some of these companies here in florida is almost impossible. And we walk a thin line in what we say about other movers, some customers just think when we try to steer them away from certain movers we are just doing it to get their move, when we are just trying to help them make a good choice whether or not it is us, because every bad move is a strike against all the reputable movers.
Heck I have even had some of the scam companies call me up and complain to me as to why I refer any customer to this site, then laugh at me because they got that move anyway with the customer knowing that they were blacklisted.
Getting rid of the con artist in this industry is a big undertaking, but so is trying to educate the consumer. I hope this site and others like it can make a difference. ( I know I didn't say anything about what this post was in regards to, but I never heard if Vivo before)
Have a great day
Bob
Bob Murphy

Postby scammed » Sun Jun 08, 2003 8:06 am

First, in defense of the uninitiated moving customer: Unless you have been through this incredible nightmare yourself, or know someone personally who has, or maybe if you've seen the Dateline segment, most people are unable to believe that such things can happen in this country. Not just regular folks either. I spoke to several attorneys who had absolutely no idea that such behavior could possibly exist, much less be tacitly approved by the lack of recourse. I had people in my family look at me in utter disbelief when I told them what had happened and then explained that all I got was sympathy and advice to try not to antagonize them and wait until they were done screwing me and THEN try to get something done about it. As far as I know, this is the only area where a business can totally and completely cheat, lie, steal, and defraud you with impunity.

Most people don't need to know about moving scams or the moving industry on a daily basis, and are unlikely to pay too much attention to websites like these until they have to move. And even then, they'd have to spend a lot of time reading the threads to get an accurate picture of the way things are, and it's so unbelievable. I listened to the Congressional hearings on the moving industry problems on C-span a couple of years ago, and I was outraged by some of the attitudes and comments of the representatives who said things like they didn't think there was really a problem, it was customers trying to get a "deal too good to be true", etc. The average person out there just doesn't know what's happening out there, and it's so horrendous, they can't imagine it could possibly be true when they hear some of the stories.

Second, reading the posts here, I would think that it was in the interests of the legitimate moving companies to support legislation that would deter the scam companies. If you, as a legit company, already are following all the rules, why would it be detrimental to you to have someone out there actually enforce them? So what's the rationale here?

TG
scammed

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 25, 2003 4:07 pm

Do not use them they low balled me and helled my stuff hostage!!!!!

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 25, 2003 4:08 pm

STAY AWAY, THE MOST CORRUPT MOVING COMPANY EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 25, 2003 4:52 pm

Second, reading the posts here, I would think that it was in the interests of the legitimate moving companies to support legislation that would deter the scam companies. If you, as a legit company, already are following all the rules, why would it be detrimental to you to have someone out there actually enforce them? So what's the rationale here?

The silence is deafening.

Postby wheresmystuff » Tue Jul 01, 2003 1:15 pm

I really wish I had known about this website before I moved. I have had nothing but problems from day one with Vivo Van Lines. They are a group of liars, deceivers, and money-hungry degenerates. I have been deceived by them over the past month. I have been waiting for 4 weeks for my stuff to be delivered to me. I received 3/4 of my belongings 2 weeks late, and they convienently "forgot" the rest back in Boston. I had paid in full, and as far as I'm concerned, they are in posession of stolen property. I have spoken with the Atty. General's office, the Boston Police, and other agencies in and around Boston. I will not stop until justice has been served for myself, and as well as the other countless number of people deceived by Vivo Van Lines.

I never once received a phone call from anyone at Vivo letting me know my belongings would be delayed. I was assured that the remaining 1/4 of my stuff would be delivered BEFORE July 1. It is now July 1, and I do not have my stuff. I called there this morning, and they "yes'd" me to death. I still don't have any answers, besides the fact that my stuff is STILL sitting in a warehouse in Boston. They also told me that someone else was bumped from this delivery because there simply wasn't enough room on the truck. This is not a good enough excuse for me.

For nobody at Vivo to pick up the phone and let me know that my delivery was going to be delayed is deplorable. They are looking to make the most money possible, and they don't seem to care who they screw over in the process.

Anger doesn't even begin to explain what I am feeling. If anyone out there is considering using Vivo Van Lines, think again.
wheresmystuff

Next

Return to Open Community