mobile

Express Cargo USA, Scam

Use this forum to report moving scams, and disreputable moving companies

Express Cargo USA, Scam

Postby jackip123 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:27 am

Well, I'm their latest victim. My shipment is currently being held hostage until I pay up..........apparently they are not registered with the FMCSA. They quote an FMC number, which is a joke. Unfortunately, I'm not laughing.
Angry residential goods shipper
jackip123

Re: Express Cargo USA, Scam

Postby MusicMom » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:54 am

Can you tell us more about your move, please? Where are you moving to and from? How did you find them (or did they find you)? Who have you called since finding this out? Who is holding your things, Express, or another carrier on their behalf? Lastly, what is the FMC number they are quoting? The FMC is different than the FMCSA, as the latter manages interstate shipping and the former handles international.

We really need this sort of information to either help you, or for other potential customers of this company to understand what might happen with them.

Assuming this is international, have you yet contacted the Federal Maritime Commission ( www.fmc.gov )?
MusicMom

Re: Express Cargo USA, Scam

Postby INTL-GUY » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:28 pm

Jackip123,

If this was an international shipment then the FMC would be the regulatory agency you would file your complaint with.

Here is the info.

Office of the General Counsel
Federal Maritime Commission
800 North Capitol Street, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20573
(202) 523-5740
True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us.
-Socrates
INTL-GUY

Return to Report A Scam