mobile

movers recommendations from Bay Area to Dallas

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.

movers recommendations from Bay Area to Dallas

Postby rks » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:37 pm

Hello Everyone,
I am moving interstate for first time from Fremont to Irving,TX so I am in search of companies who has good track record and who are not in business of scamming their customers.

Their is wealth of information and experience on this forum about this which I am going to go through. But I thought i will ask if someone can provide of list of good companies to start with.

Thanks
rks

Re: movers recommendations from Bay Area to Dallas

Postby rydog444 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:32 am

I have a lot of moves coming out of the Bay area. The companies that I use, with great satisfaction, are Chipman, S&M Moving Systems and Beltmann, in no particular order. I realize that 2 of the 3 are United agents, however, I have no ties to any vanline and am only concerned with individual agents.

Depending on the size of your shipment, ask each agent if they are able to commit to a self haul. This is the preferred method as if they are not self hauling, it could be put into the hands of a lower regarded agent and driver.
My job is to give the best domestic and international moving services to my corporate clients by using the best movers in the world, regardless of vanline affiliation.
rydog444

Postby rks » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:17 am

Thanks!.

I came across S&M myself earlier but other two are new to me. I will check them out. I am also considering adding Suddath(SanJose) to the list. Any comment on them ?

my move size is going to be small (probably everything will fit in a average sized bedroom here). I am getting rid lot of stuff which I dont need since I plan to relocate out of country after 6 months anyway.

I also need to move 1 of my cars. Is it a good idea to have one of these companies move that or I should at look at other companies ?

Lastly I have just more than 3 weeks left before I move and I was thinking I will ask these to come home for quote next week and finalize. That will leave 1-2 weeks before the move. Is that sufficient time, or I should be hurrying now?

Thanks in advance
rks

Postby rydog444 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:32 pm

Suddath has a very good overall reputation. Don't know about that office in particular either way. Possibly can get more info about that office from others on here.

You're going to have a much better chance of getting a self haul with the larger agents, but with a smaller shipment, the odds of them being able to make that committment are decreased.

You are going to save money having your car shipped with a car hauler. I work with DAS and Reindeer. DAS is not a broker and Reindeer is. Generally, DAS is going to be more cost efficient. Bobby Jackson at DAS can help you. He has shipped many cars for me and has never failed me. His number is 800-826-1083 x1409. There are endorsed car haulers on the right side of the page as well. I can not personally vouch for them but they have many good reviews on this site. I hope this helps!
My job is to give the best domestic and international moving services to my corporate clients by using the best movers in the world, regardless of vanline affiliation.
rydog444

Postby BigLeeCalif » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:17 am

If you are moving from Fremont, there are a couple of good agents.

There is Crown Worldwide [United] San Leandro
Golden Gate [Allied]
Tri Valley Livermore [Bekins]
Alexander's Hayward [Atlas]

All of these are companies I have personal knowledge of, in addition to Chipman.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain
BigLeeCalif

Postby chauncy » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:16 pm

Hi RKS,

Curious who you decided on... how was the move. Did you use DAS for your car?

We're moving from SF to Boston and looking for a recommendation.

Thanks

[quote="rks"]Thanks!.

I came across S&M myself earlier but other two are new to me. I will check them out. I am also considering adding Suddath(SanJose) to the list. Any comment on them ?

my move size is going to be small (probably everything will fit in a average sized bedroom here). I am getting rid lot of stuff which I dont need since I plan to relocate out of country after 6 months anyway.

I also need to move 1 of my cars. Is it a good idea to have one of these companies move that or I should at look at other companies ?

Lastly I have just more than 3 weeks left before I move and I was thinking I will ask these to come home for quote next week and finalize. That will leave 1-2 weeks before the move. Is that sufficient time, or I should be hurrying now?

Thanks in advance[/quote]
chauncy

Return to Open Community