mobile

Handful of items going from Asheville, NC to Stuart, FL

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.

Handful of items going from Asheville, NC to Stuart, FL

Postby Miami Sean » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:03 pm

Hi everyone, I have a lady in Ashville, NC. She's real nice, just doesn't have a lot of items to move...literally we are talking about a King size sleigh bed, lingerie chest, stand up freezer about 3.5-4 feet high, not much else, maybe a mirror but she is most concerned about the bed, lingerie chest and freezer. Maybe 150 cubic feet tops.

The lady has about $500 and really is looking for a truck that might already be going that way. I told her I would post this for her, tried to encourage her to create a log in here but she is a little older and sometimes the internet is just too much for some folks.

Drop me a PM or post in here, maybe I am asking for too much. There really isn't much money here, just thought if someone was going that way and had a little room this could pay for some fuel. I just don't have a truck in that area over the next 4-5 days. Any help greatly appreciated. I want absolutely nothing in return, in fact if this is possible I will send you the lady's phone number and you can speak with her directly.

Muchos Gracias Amigos,
Sean
Miami Sean

Re: Handful of items going from Asheville, NC to Stuart, FL

Postby ArchieWhite » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:44 am

Asheville is nearly impossible to service, except for profitable tonnage, it's not on the way to or from anywhere. She should call the movers in Asheville, and let them quote her, they might eventually have a truck going that way, but $500 won't cover it. Off the books, cash to the driver, might, but then she will be contributing to the national debit, as no taxes will be paid on all that profit.
ArchieWhite

Re: Handful of items going from Asheville, NC to Stuart, FL

Postby Miami Sean » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:44 am

ArchieWhite wrote:Asheville is nearly impossible to service, except for profitable tonnage, it's not on the way to or from anywhere. She should call the movers in Asheville, and let them quote her, they might eventually have a truck going that way, but $500 won't cover it. Off the books, cash to the driver, might, but then she will be contributing to the national debit, as no taxes will be paid on all that profit.

Good info Archie, tyvm.
Miami Sean

Return to Open Community