mobile

Has anyone heard of or moved with Simplicity Movers?

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.

Has anyone heard of or moved with Simplicity Movers?

Postby movingfromboston » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:59 am

I am planning a long-distance move from Boston to Denver next month and I can't find a lot of information about Simplicity Movers, who I put a deposit with. They're registered, licensed, and insured, but there aren't any online reviews about them and their website is sparse. Can anyone help, whether they've had or heard about a positive or negative experience?
movingfromboston

Re: Has anyone heard of or moved with Simplicity Movers?

Postby Movinghelper » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:22 pm

Just looka t my tag line below and you will see what I thnk.
For more information on moving or to file a complaint go to http://www.protectyourmove.gov

1..NEVER PAY A MOVER A DEPOSIT FOR INTERSTATE MOVING! IT COULD BE THE START OF THE BIG SCAM
2. GO WITH IN HOME ESTIMATES ONLY.
3. DO NOT USE A BROKER.
Movinghelper

Postby Movinghelper » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:34 pm

1. They are afraid to place who their contact information is for the websites STRIKE 1!
2. They ask for a deposit Strike 2!
3. If they do nto give you an "IN HOME" estimate Strike 3 they are out of here.

Please follow all of the suggestions on this site so you do nto get yourself in trouble. Especially the deposit. Most reputable companies will not ask for one and you pay on delivery.

The FBI is at the same address but different suite. Give them a call and see about the trucks there.

Name : SIMPLICITY MOVING AND STORAGE LLC
USDOT Number : 2193267
MC # : 761204

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Address : 331 NEWMAN SPRINGS RD, SUITE 143
RED BANK, NJ 07701
Mailing Address : 396 2ND AVE, SUITE 1
LONG BRANCH, NJ 07740
Telephone : (888)300-9519
Fax : (732) 962-1521

Safety and Insurance

Safety Rating : Not Rated
Review Date :
Most recent Safety Rating Data

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Licensing & Insurance Status : Registered
Most recent Insurance Data

Fleet Size

Number of Trucks : 4
Number of Tractors : 2
Number of Trailers : 6
For more information on moving or to file a complaint go to http://www.protectyourmove.gov

1..NEVER PAY A MOVER A DEPOSIT FOR INTERSTATE MOVING! IT COULD BE THE START OF THE BIG SCAM
3. DO NOT USE A BROKER.
Movinghelper

Postby MusicMom » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:50 am

Actually, that address is a Virtual Office. There will be no trucks at that location. Strike 4.
http://www.intelligentoffice.com/locati ... -bank.aspx
MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:06 am

The testimonials on their site are Photoshopped. The logo at the top does not match the rest of the page. In addition, the dates of the testimonials are before their license was granted. I'm contacting some of the people whose email addresses were not blocked out to find out who they actually used, and to inform them that their info is live on a website.

Simplicity's FMCSA report shows a mailing address of
310 INDUSTRIAL RD
SUMMERVILLE, SC 29483

If Summerville SC sounds familiar to any of us who've been here a while, it's the new home of the Costadoni family, who is known for heavily hiding their presence in moving companies. BE AWARE.
MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:32 am

So it turns out the testimonials are all stolen from this mover:
http://www.genmove.com/references.html
http://simplicitymovers.com/references.php
Open up General Moving's reference #44, then look at Simplicity's #10. Notice that somehow, Simplicity's happy customer wants to recommend General Moving to everyone she knows.

I've grabbed screen shots of all the doubles, and will be letting both General Moving Carrier and the AMSA (of which GMC is a member) know. I've also contacted every testimonial writer whose emails were left on the testimonials so they can get Simplicity to remove their poached reviews.
MusicMom

Postby Movinghelper » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:17 am

Good work MM, as always!

3. DO NOT USE A BROKER.
Movinghelper

Postby Miami Sean » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:05 pm

It doesn't matter, you can tell folks till your blue in the face and then they still go book with the other company because of the fake price.

I had a lawyer yesterday call me after they had a mover fall thru last minute...start point Ft Laud going to GA and then over to West Alabama(2 stops)...they were told $1100 for about 3,000 pounds with 2 stops, magically that deal fell thru so I gave her an honest estimate which was close to $2,000 which she said was too much. We go back and forth, I ask to look at some of her quotes, all of them are minimum moves, moving brokers, I point out the wording in the contract and you might think a lawyer would understand what I was showing her but no, instead she wanted me to match prices with fake estimates from moving brokers...I finally told her we were not interested in her business and wished her luck.

Some folks never learn.
Miami Sean

Postby sammyj1216 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:43 pm

Removed Posting.
Last edited by sammyj1216 on Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sammyj1216

Postby MusicMom » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:35 pm

These employee fake reviews just can't help but get personal. "keep your opinions to yourself anf get your facts straight". Real customers don't care about that, only those with a personal stake in the company do. Let me tell you, I, too, have talked with the people that Simplicity says has been giving them glowing reviews, and you know what? They all used a different mover, well before Simplicity even existed. You get YOUR facts straight.

"Offices all over the country","work remotely","they have an office in one location but keep the trucks elsewhere", these are all codewords for a bunch of people on cell phones acting as a broker, not a moving company. Simplicity is not going to do jack shit for a customer.

Thanks for giving some of the rep's names.
MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:13 pm

Hey, look who the BBB has listed as the contact for Simplicity (listed in the Google results for the "(888)300-9519" number from Simplicity's own website)

Moving & Storage. (888) 300-9519310 Industrial Rd, Summerville, SC 29483sabastianshortt@simplicitymovers.comhttp://www.simplicitymovers.com

Sebastian Shortt has been a salesperson with Lowcountry Van Lines, Globe Moving & Storage, B & B Transportation Services, and Four Seasons/aka Gold Coast Movers. Another thread on this website from last May pointed out that Lowcountry Van Lines also had sales reps located around the country, including Michael Shelton based in South Carolina (where Simplicity is currently located), Shortt based in Florida, and the same other states Sammy above listed.
MusicMom

Postby chptrkrules » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:18 pm

sammyj1216 wrote:I just moved with this company and had an AWESOME experience. I used to live in NJ about 30 minutes from their corporate offices in Red Bank. I will agree that they do not house the trucks there, but they do have an office there. They have a warehouse nearby where the trucks are located and their storage facility.

The girl that I worked with, Paula, was very professional, and explained everything to me. She did say that she worked remotely, as did many of sales team. She even provided her cell number to call her. I was told that they had multiple offices, including NJ, SC, FL, and CA. She explained that the reps lived nationwide, so that if a customer requested a in house estimate, they could provide it.

I did have an in house estimate by a very polite and professional man named Avi. He was punctual, patient, and also provided an excellent customer service experience. My quote was accurate, and one of the best prices I received. There were no hidden costs, everything was disclosed to me.

I did put down a deposit, but there were many companies that requested a deposit from me. Some of the major carriers did not, but their customer service sucked. I would have paid much more for the excellent treatment I received, from Paula, Avi, dispatch, the driver, and the crew. They were all remarkable. Everyone was TOP NOTCH.

I think it is funny that none of the comments on this page are from people who have actually moved with the company. Maybe you should keep your opinions to yourself and get your facts straight. They even gave me phone numbers of people to contact that had used the company! What else can I say?

Oh, I know~~~I WILL DEFINITELY USE THEIR SERVICES AGAIN!!! 8)

FAIL
chptrkrules

Postby Movinghelper » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:52 pm

MM:
We all know that is a crock what was wrote for them. Good work tying the knots together.

3. DO NOT USE A BROKER.
Movinghelper

Postby NYCMover » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:38 pm

MM:

"I say Holmes, you've done it again!"

8)
NYCMover

Postby chptrkrules » Wed May 30, 2012 12:53 pm

Music Mom, I think it's hot when you curse :roll:
chptrkrules

Next

Return to Open Community