mobile

Atlas Vanlines and Lewis & Michael

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.

Atlas Vanlines and Lewis & Michael

Postby rajeevS » Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:42 pm

So they lost a whole crate of items starting from my clothes dryer to dining table to coffee table and all of my child's toys (someone did their Christmas shopping already). I had FVP on the goods and now they say they will pay only $4 a pound for all the things and they are denying half the items. Can someone please advise me on what I should do next?
I am not a crook (like these people are) - I am earning a very comfortable living and I don't have to make any false claims. People, please avoid Atlas Van Lines and Lewis and Michael - although they charged me $2000 more than the other companies, the only reason I went with these people are for Atlas' reputation - I learnt my lesson!
rajeevS

Re: Atlas Vanlines and Lewis & Michael

Postby 23 » Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:49 pm

Where did you move to and from?

How much weight did you have?

Was storage involved?

Postby Michael » Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:02 pm

There seems to be three Lewis and Michael agents in Ohio. One in Cloumbus, one in Dayton and one in Cincinnati.

Which one helped you?? Or should I say isnt helping you??
Michael

Forget yourself for others and the others will never forget
Michael

Postby rajeev » Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:25 pm

L&M from columbus, OH
rajeev

Postby 23 » Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:34 pm

What about all of my questions???

Postby Michael » Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:45 am

Rajeev,

We cant help if you dont help us. So if you could answer the questions we asked and we can help. Otherwise, form my knowledge of the company your saying gave such poor service, it totally contradicts what 23 and I know of the company and their standards.

Thank you,
Michael

Forget yourself for others and the others will never forget
Michael

Postby rajeevS » Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:57 am

Sorry I was busy - moved from OH to VA - not sure abt the weight - may be around 4500 lbs. Yes, storage was involved in Columbus, OH
rajeevS

Postby 23 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:10 pm

Rajeev,

I think I know the owner of that company. I will talk to him tomorrow and let you know what I find out.

Postby 23 » Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:51 pm

Rajeev,

I have spoken to L&M and here is what I have found out:

:arrow: Your shipment delivered a few days ago.
:arrow: A claim has not yet been submitted.
:arrow: The warehouse is searching for the crate.
:arrow: This is an Atlas order, therefore the claim will be filed with Atlas HQ.
:arrow: The owner of Atlas is following this thread and will make sure this is resolved to your satisfaction!
:arrow: Your claim has not been denied
:arrow: You had Full Valuation Coverage released at $5/lb not $4/lb.

I suggest you contact Atlas HQ or L&M and get a claim form immediately. You will need to submit it so they can start the process. I hope L&M are able to find your goods and get them delivered to you. I know their warehouse people are currently searching for your goods.

Please keep us posted on this outcome.

Postby rajeev » Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:44 pm

I beg to disagree with some of the points:
The shipment was delivered more than a month agao
A claim has already been submitted with both L&M and Atlas
Atlas already said that they have no say in this and L&M has to handle this (this is where I just hate Atlas - I went purely based on Atlas' name - not on L&M's name)
They still claim that it is based on $4/lb
rajeev

Postby 23 » Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:41 pm

Rajeev,

My apologies. I will make some calls tomorrow and try to get some answers.

Why don't you register and PM me so we can get your claim settled. I know L&M wants to resolve this.

I will try to get L&M to post here so they can answer you directly.

Postby truthinmoving » Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:26 am

Important facts to consider in the (Atlas Van Lines and Lewis & Michael thread)-

1. Mr. Rajeev's claim was not denied and a settlement was sent to him for review.

2. The settlement was based on legal and industry accepted calculation ($5 per pound) and is still in the process of negotiation with Mr. Rajeev.

3. Mr. Rajeev was asked to present some proof ownership on claims of goods packed by owner in various boxes and suitcases. This too is a standard process.

4. Continuous contact and dialogue have been maintained with Mr. Rajeev.

5. Nowhere in Mr. Rajeev's claim is there any evidence of fraud or attempt to fraud by Lewis & Michael or Atlas Van Lines.

6. In truth, Mr. Rajeev's is flirting with slander.
truthinmoving

Postby twalker » Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:43 am

In truth, Mr. Rajeev's is flirting with slander.

Actually I think that the word you are looking for is libel not slander, but even so I ask what it is that Mr. Rajeev said that you believe to be untrue?

Tim Walker
MovingScam.com
twalker
Site Admin

Postby 23 » Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:54 am

I have requested the Mr. Rajeev PM me so I can mediate this ordeal. He hasn't done so yet.

I have a couple of questions so all of us can understand this claim a little better:

1. Did Mr. Rajeev check his shipment off when it was delivered?
2. Exactly what from the inventory is missing?
3. What was the claimed amount and what was the settlement?
4. Does Mr. Rajeev have any receipts?

Postby RajeevS » Tue Oct 05, 2004 4:44 pm

Everybody,
First of all, please accept my apologies. The original post was created by my friend to whom I was venting off couple of weeks ago - he found this wonderful forum and posted my story. Whatever 'truthinmoving' says is totally true. Nobody has denied my claim and I am in talk with a good-hearted executive from Lewis and Michael company. He has asked me for a counteroffer and some receipts which I am trying to gather. I was really pissed off with this guy (eventhough he has good intentions) as his act is only making my case worse.
Again, I apologize on behalf of my friend for calling the concerned people frauds as they are still trying in good faith to resolve this issue. I will post in this forum the whole details once a settlement is reached.
Thanks for everybodys help....
RajeevS

Next

Return to Open Community