mobile

Review of Suddath United/Boca Raton & Lint United/Iowa

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.

Review of Suddath United/Boca Raton & Lint United/Iowa

Postby coralspringstoGA » Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:18 am

I promised a review and this will be short unless others have questions.
I have to say this was 100% better than the united that moved me out of MA 3 years ago. However customer service on the end of Suddath could have been better but it was the busiest time of the year. Besides the delay in pick up actually suited me better since I got to sleep in my bed an extra 2 days instead of spending money on a hotel. However I made sure my windows (pick up and drop off) were flexible. I had pick up scheduled for May 31st and they came on June 2. Now if someone HAD to be out of their home on a specific date during the busiest time (end of month and summer) then this would be a problem. We were waiting on the movers on the 31st for a good 4 hours before anyone called to say they wouldn't show up for another 3 hours and then they showed up in a super sized van (54 feet I'm guessing) around 7pm (I had ordered a shuttle because of the requirements of the place I lived). So then they rescheduled for the next day early but then there were tornado watches and my high schooler was graduating so we resceduled for the nest morning...suppose to be there around 8am showed about 10:30. During this I did have the company write up something that made sure my price was still good because the GNTE quote had actually voided on the 31st. They had no problem with this (both my customer service guy - Rick and the nice lady in dispatch). On the 2nd, a team of 4 showed up...three guys that actually did the loading were great - the driver was short on customer skills and was most likely responsible for 2 broken glass items he packed (there was mirror glass on the floor when we were cleaning up). I even asked him and he said that he packed the items himself and nothing broke- maybe but when the glass top for a table and mirror arrived they were smashed. Driver from FL to GA said it was like that on the dock and notified Suddath. Suddath driver... I wasn't impressed with and I can only compare because the guys from Iowa - Lint United who unloaded us were the best movers I've EVER had in the 20 moves we've made (big and small- corporate and self) in the past 30 years. They were personable and were extremely careful with all of our things and our home...no dings on the walls and set up all the furniture. When it rained they didn't move our things between the truck and the house. They were on time and good wholesome hard working people. We had a GNTE and our weight was like 1800 below the quote so United just sent me an invoice and I will be getting some $$$ back.

That should arrive about 2 weeks from now. Lint Driver had said someone from Suddath should have called to tell me that the weight was lower so I didn't overpay however when I called Suddath they said that wasn't right and that the driver never called them to tell them that the weight was lower. Also they had to get a total of all the services that were actually performed etc. and then submit to HQ and then they would see if I had a credit coming. I really think the abuptness and lack of customer skills are just the way business is done in south florida. But all around I can say this was a great move - hardly any stress even though I was moving with 3 kids and two pets. I would highly recommend Suddath because even though the customer service could improve they are totally on the up and up - no scammy stuff. They did get the job done and under price.
coralspringstoGA

Re: Review of Suddath United/Boca Raton & Lint United/Io

Postby Diane » Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:46 am

Great report - thanks so much for taking the time. It was especially good to read the good things about Lint United. I'm not sure how a company from Iowa got involved in unloading a Suddath move from FL to GA (?).

Please post when/if you get a credit because someone posted recently that he had never heard of anyone getting anything back when the weight was lower with a GNTE. (I think he was exaggerating.)
Diane

Postby Michael » Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:11 am

He wasnt exaggerating, he just was speculating. Like I said before, I have seen plenty of Not to Exceeds come in less. In fact more come in less and customers sent credits then I have seen them come in at actual.
Michael

Forget yourself for others and the others will never forget
Michael

Postby Diane » Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:17 am

So, Michael, how did Lint from Iowa get involved in unloading (but not hauling) a FL to GA shipment?
Diane

Postby Michael » Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:27 am

You got me. Unless Lint has an agent in FL too.
Michael

Forget yourself for others and the others will never forget
Michael

Postby Nancy » Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:28 am

It sounded like they hauled the shipment, and Suddath did a local pick up at origin. I think that hauler loaded from their dock, so she didn't meet him at origin.
Nancy

Postby Diane » Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:30 am

Oh yes, I see it now: - "Driver from FL to GA said it was like that on the dock and notified Suddath." Thanks, Nancy.
Diane

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:55 pm

Yes they hauled it from the dock in Florida to GA. I think they said they unloaded someone in West Palm before they picked up my stuff. I lucked out because I had the whole truck to myself. Then they were off to Alpharetta to pack and move someone else after me. They were great all around. The driver asked if I wanted to do the check off sheet and I didn't - most never asked in the past. I've never had lost boxes in all my moves even with the not so great moves. I guess there is a first time but I wasn't concerned about it. Then I really dont have much that is expensive :lol: He pulled out the weight ticket and voila it was less than the estimate. I didnt add any extra services so therefore the tab was lower. Some people might have extras so maybe thats why they dont get a credit even if the weight is lower. I have to commend Suddath for processing all the paperwork in a timely manner and getting a claim form in the mail for the broken glass pieces within 4 days. I went with the 60 cents so its not going to pay for the mirror and the glass table top but the insurance would have been more. I am completely unpacked and nothing else was damaged or broken (I do almost all the packing).

Postby Guest » Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:25 pm

Received the refund check in the mail yesterday from United (Suddath Boca Raton - agent Rick Locke)...it was almost a 700.00 credit. Thanks for the help on this site - its been a long process but everything worked out great. :D

Postby Guest » Sat Jun 25, 2005 5:14 pm

That is really Great... You received a refund.....in THREE days. All I can say6 is WOW.

Re: Review of Suddath United/Palm Bay Florida to Colorado

Postby KGUMM » Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:03 pm

To put it bluntly, They ripped me off by a tune of $1700.00
They gave me a estimate of $3935.77 with 10% plus, in case
they were off on the weight. I agreed and signed the contract, they
loaded me, then 3 days later I drove out to Colorado, and Suddath knew that I would be giving them a delivery destination within 10 days, because I had to secure a house in Colorado first.

Once I arrived in Colorado, I called Suddath 4 days later with a delivery address. I did originally request the exact weight, once it was weighed, as well as the exact cost, I never received either. They did not schedule the delivery, instead, they gave me a phone number to a local mover in Colorado and told me to call them to arrange delivery. I thougt this was strange. I called this company and was told that my charges would be $5683.24,, that's right, you read it correctly. I was then told that they were off on my weight by over 1000 pounds, and they were also charging me an extra $1200.00 for storage and delivery. As you can imagine, I went through the roof. They told me that this was because I was out of my delivery window, even though when I called them and was ready for delivery, I still had 5 days left in the delivery window, and then they told me it was because the driver wanted to deliver earlier,,, so now the drivers and making their own schedule....... All they could tell me was that they are sorry, but there was nothing they could do.. What a hugh rip off.
KGUMM

Postby Samefloridamover » Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:52 am

Can you believe it I'm actually thinking about moving again less than a year later. The above poster probably didn't do business with Suddath United in South Florida because they don't do the 10%. If my house sells I will be calling Suddath again - sounds like they are still doing right by the customer
Samefloridamover

Return to Open Community