Moving Companies in FL

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Alan

Moving Companies in FL

Postby Alan » Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:55 am

So, I am looking into 2 of the major van lines at this point (over the PODS, sorry guys but with the deep discounts happening right now due to it being winter, PODS won't be a way to save)

I have 3 quotes actually:

United Van Lines
Vesely Brothers
Moving & Storage of Florida, Inc.
New Smyrna Beach, FL
8000 lbs, $4,900 (BNTE)

Atlas Van Lines
Longwood, FL
8500 lbs, $5,200 (BNTE)

Mayflower (not considering)
--
9000 lbs, way overpriced even with the lbs :)

So, first off they are spread over a 1,000lb range which seems odd to me. I can get BBB reports for Mayflower and Avatar. Avatar has been reviewed here favoribly.

However, I can't find any information about the united mover. BBB reports their name (based on phone) as "Bennett Moving" or "Hilldrup Moving & Storage" (2 entries), no contact information, no complaints, etc.

Does anyone know anything about the united mover? Are they legit? Is it possible for a "scammer" to be involved with one of the majors?

Thanks!

Alan

chinita41

Re: Moving Companies in FL

Postby chinita41 » Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:29 am

I've heard from other moving companies and search online for the name united van lines that they are the top moving company around.
I would go with united, they might be over priced but your move will be safe and legit.

consumer advocate

Postby consumer advocate » Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:00 am

That's United Van Lines, right, Chinita? And not the United World Van Lines that you're asking about on the other thread.

PMueller

Postby PMueller » Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:11 am

While I am now with Allied in the Tampa Bay area (and have been for quite a while), I did represent United in my days past. The "Hilldrup" offices in the United system were always top quality providers. They handled many of my special needs high end executive account relocations either on the origin or destination end. These transferee's always received full packing and full unpacking with maid service to put items away and "Hilldrup" performed perfectly. They also had a decent hauling fleet with good drivers. As always, times do change and service issues arise with the best of companies, but I feel safe in saying you should be treated right and be able to receive a good relocation with "Hilldrup".

On the other hand, I'm not familiar with United's agent Vesely Brothers in New Smyrna Beach. This doesn't mean anything bad, it's just I never had any dealings with them, probably because if I needed anything performed in the Daytona/Orlando area I called Hilldrup or Suddath to perform for me based on quality and past service.

Return to “Open Community”