DC to Adelaide...local agents?

A forum for questions and helpful information and advice about international moves and moving companies.
planetemily

DC to Adelaide...local agents?

Postby planetemily » Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:12 pm

Hi, I am looking to get quotes from the 3 recommended overseas movers (Rainer, Stevens, Security).

Does anyone know who they use as the local DC moving companies? I would like to get a general idea so that I can check on the local agent's reputation before I call for a quote.

Are there any local agents I should avoid?

Thanks,

Emily

Gill

Re: DC to Adelaide...local agents?

Postby Gill » Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:43 am

I used Rainier and although we were about 25 miles south of DC, they used Aarid Enterprises based in Baltimore. They were vg - maybe Rainier used a Baltimore based co for convenience to the port.
Gill

hponack

Postby hponack » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:01 am

I am with Bekins A1 Movers in Woodbridge, VA, and I have been working with Cesar Castro @ Rainier for abot 5 years. You can contact me @ hponack@bekinsa1movers.com

aclearing

Postby aclearing » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:12 am

Thanks for your help. I am with planetemily. We are looking to ship in the latter half of April. Any advice you all could offer would be very welcome.

hardatwork

Postby hardatwork » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:33 am

You need to contact the actually shjipping companies Rainer, Stevens, and Security to ask them for their agetns they will use.

Just because an agent claims they worked with say Rainer does nto mean that Rainer still uses them or would that the agent would be the most competitive for your move. A percent fo the cost of your move is going to be the packing and loading services and so it is up to the International Mover to chosse the correct agent in your case.

Again you need to contact the International directly to confirm with them who they would use to move your goods. After confirmation for the agent you could then choose to chekc out the local agents if you wish. The International movers could also assist you in why they recomeend this agent.

If you plan to move in April it would be best to contact the International movers immediately as it is best for you to make you decision with 2 to 4 weeks to assure the movers can arrange to move you out of your home on your dates.

Good luck with the move

aclearing

Postby aclearing » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:48 am

Thanks for the tip. We will likely be talking to them shortly.

Return to “International Moves”