mobile

Arizona to Los Angeles move - need recommendation

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.

Arizona to Los Angeles move - need recommendation

Postby SSAZ » Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:42 pm

Can anyone recommend a mover for a small move from Phoenix to Los Angeles? I have about 1 1/2 rooms of stuff to move and need it done quickly and without issues. Also let me know if anyone has any experience with a bad mover that I should not use. Thanks!! :shock:
SSAZ

Re: Arizona to Los Angeles move - need recommendation

Postby BigLeeCalif » Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:42 pm

Try this link from the superlist of movers.

It will give you info from movers in arizona.

http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtop ... 7562#57562
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain
BigLeeCalif

Postby PHX Mover » Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:25 pm

I am a local mover in Phoenix. I am not licensed for interstate but have heard good things about Camelback moving. Might be cheaper then the bigger guys but I believe they only have 2 trucks, meaning they might be limited to certain times to take interstate moves. Check their licensing though and ask them for proof of insurance!
PHX Mover

Postby Diane » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:30 pm

If someone could check on Camelback to see whether it is licensed for interstate moves I would appreciate it. I came up with a blank on safersys.org - see my comment in the Superlist.
Diane

Postby MusicMom » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:57 pm

Hey, I like the AZ Department of Weights & Measures Moving Tips! Nice plug! (If anyone's getting scammed and they're moving to AZ, this agency is a bulldog on taking down bad movers)

http://www.weights.az.gov/Shoppers/movingtips.htm

I don't see any company in AZ named Camelback in the DOT database, other than a container service that doesn't fit PHX's description. They have only been in business for just under two years, even for a local mover that's still kindof new. Their website says licensed and insured, but no license is listed. They have links to their BBB report and their Incorporation records, so I don't know why they can't include a link for the license.

If they don't have a DOT number, they can't be driving trucks, it's that simple. If they don't ahve a MC number, then they can't drive between states. Double no-no.
MusicMom

Postby farrah7031 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:11 am

Looks like this is who he is referring to:
http://www.camelbackmoving.com/

http://starpas.azcc.gov/scripts/cgiip.e ... ORPORATION

http://www.data.bbb.org/scripts/cgiip.e ... id=7004917

It doesn't appear they do long distance moves. Per their Website:
"We are a Phoenix based company and currently serve the entire valley and most of Arizona . We offer great referrals on long distance carriers that have treated our departing local customers fairly."
farrah7031

Postby Diane » Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:39 am

Could someone call them and ask for a DOT number? My experience with these small companies has been that when they say "licensed" they sometimes mean that they have a city business license.
Diane

Postby PHX Mover » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:19 pm

The state of Arizona does not require any mover to have a DOT license so long as they are only doing business in the state of AZ. Most movers in AZ only have the city tax license (not required either unless you sell supplies, labor is not taxable).
PHX Mover

Postby Diane » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:36 pm

PHX Mover,

Thanks for the clarification - I'm adding your information to my listing for Arizona on the Superlist linked to below.

I'm also going to say that Camelback isn't licensed for interstate moves.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.
Diane

Postby jewels127 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:10 pm

Just for the record, Camelback Moving did a great job for a friend of mine, and their DOT # is 1635834 and their MC # is 603040--they are totally legitimate, professional, & were very careful with my friends much worried about antique furniture. I'd use them if I was moving...
jewels127

Postby moverjim » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:29 pm

Their license for interstate household goods is "pending". They HAVE NOT secured the proper insurances "cargo" or BIPD.
moverjim

Postby BigLeeCalif » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:37 pm

Jim that last post seems dubious to me. That poster just joined the site today.

I can't imagine someone joining to make a post for a thread that's nine months old.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain
BigLeeCalif

Postby MusicMom » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:41 am

I agree with you guys, nobody searches out websites mentioning a company their friend used.

According to the Superlist:

--Camelback Moving, Inc. (independent) in Phoenix.
This company's phone number is 602-295-3385 and its website is www.camelbackmoving.com
It has been registered in AZ since 2005 with Chad Olsen as president. The website states that the company is licensed and insured and according to www.safersys.org it has MC license #603040 but as of 5/07 it is not listed as having authority to do interstate moves. "PHX Mover" (owner of another moving company in Phoenix) said that he had heard good things about the company but anyone considering it should ask to see proof of insurance:
http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtop ... 4529#74529
"divadee62" used it to unload a BE truck and was pleased:
http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtop ... 5918#55918 (unloading)

It appears they do only moves within AZ, and may be OK for that, but cannot be used for long distance moves.
MusicMom

Postby PHX Mover » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:29 am

I know the owner personally and he wouldn't do something like that. I know it happens a lot on here but I told him about this site long ago so if he was going to do it, it would have been then.
PHX Mover

Postby Jim » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:06 am

PHX, the owner might not have done it, but someone in his company probably did....?
It's Sunny Somewhere In The World
Jim

Next

Return to Open Community