mobile

All City Movers?

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.

All City Movers?

Postby thomassteph » Mon May 12, 2003 10:14 pm

Has anyone heard anything about All City Movers? Their business address is 3645-A Oakcliff Rd, Doraville, GA, 30340. They cl,aim to be fully registered, licensed and bonded, as well as in good standing with the GA Movers Ass'n and a memober of the American Moving and Storage Ass'n. BBB lists them. An AKA is A-City Movers and Storage.

I'D REALLY APPRECIATE REPLIES, since I am moving in a few weeks. thanks!

Stephanie :P
Stephanie
thomassteph

Re: All City Movers?

Postby consumer advocate » Tue May 13, 2003 7:16 am

I see a couple of red flags on this company. Their DOT record shows their insurance has been cancelled five times in less than a year. Also, their driver "out of service" record is 37.5%; the national average is 7.62%. This doesn't speak well of a company you are going to entrust with your worldly possessions. If your situation doesn't allow you to rent a truck and move yourself, I think there are better companies for you to choose.
consumer advocate

Postby twalker » Tue May 13, 2003 7:47 am

thomassteph,

All in all, I'm not very impressed with this company. I wouldn't go so far as to say that this is a scam company, but there are some things about this company that smell like they may want to be one. One thing that you didn't mention is if this is an intrastate move, or an interstate move, so I'm going on the assumption that it's an interstate move since that's what we mostly deal with here.

Let me give you some more information... Tsadock Zungy is the company's CEO, CFO, Secretary, and Registered Agent. He registered the corporation on 5/24/2000.

If they are bonded, then it's an intrastate moving regulation that the Georgia authority requires. They don't have bond insurance with the FMCSA, and if they did, there's only one reason to have it and that's to broker your move out to another company with or without your prior knowledge.

Their Federal DOT license number is 889371 and their Federal MC license number is 387447. The FMCSA threatened to revoke their common authority (needed to provide interstate household goods moving services) on 6/24/2002 and 8/22/2002. They rescinded the revokations on 7/23/2002 and 9/4/2002 respectively. On 12/3/2002, they really did revoke the company's common carrier authority, and it wasn't until almost two months later on 1/27/2003 that their authority was reinstated. The curious thing is that they had insurance the entire time, so the revokation must have been for other violations.

On the SaferSys.org side of things, the company has 2 trucks and 4 drivers listed with the DOT. I only point that out to show that they can't really be doing a lot of moves, especially since the DOT has issued them Out of Service orders on their trucks during 50% of their inspections (national average is 23.34%) and they have been issued Out of Service orders 37.5% of the time for issues with their drivers (national average is 7.62%).

Keeping in mind the number of moves that they could possibly be doing, the BBB is reporting 26 complaints in the past 36 months, and 12 complaints in the past 12 months for this company (remember, they weren't legally allowed to perform moves for nearly two of those months). What concerns me is the type of complaints that the BBB is reporting... six contract issue complaints! They apparently don't think a contract really binds them to anything. Also 11 customer service issues and 4 billing issues?

Also, I couldn't find them listed as a member in the American Moving and Storage Association's 2003 membership directory. You may want to call the AMSA at (703) 683-7410 and ask if they've been accepted recently. The number for the Georgia Movers Association is (706) 327-0006 if you would like to verify membership with them. Just some things to consider before you put everything that you own in the hands of this company.

Tim Walker
MovingScam.com
twalker
Site Admin

Postby thomassteph » Tue May 13, 2003 11:20 am

Thanks for the info! I am also looking at Bekins and All My Sons. Any thoughts on these?
Stephanie
thomassteph

Postby thomassteph » Tue May 13, 2003 12:48 pm

Ok this should be the last of hte list. I am also getting estimates from Allied Van Lines Inc, DOT #76235, United Van Lines, DOT #77949, and Discovery Moving and Storage, DOT#767236. I have looked at what you recommend to look at but I was hoping for some more opinions as you guys have more experience with this. Thank you soo much!! :)
Stephanie
thomassteph

Postby twalker » Tue May 13, 2003 1:43 pm

thomassteph,

Bekins, All My Sons, Allied Van Lines, and United Van Lines are all going to be dependent on the agent that you're dealing with for each of those companies (with an exception for All My Sons). You're probably not going to run into a lot of problems with them, but there are never any guarantees in the moving industry. If you post the name of the agents that you're dealing with, maybe some of the representatives from the 'majors' that help out on the boards can give you more specific information.

As far as Discovery Moving goes, they're missing the BIPD insurance that's required to perform interstate household goods moving services. That and the fact that they operate out of Florida would be enought to make me look somewhere else.

Tim Walker
MovingScam.com
twalker
Site Admin

Postby thomassteph » Fri May 16, 2003 1:56 pm

Thanks so much for the info. Bekins is Bekins Van Lines LLC. AKA AMS Bekins. United Van Lines is Chipman Relocation/United Van Lines.
Stephanie
thomassteph

Postby thomassteph » Sat May 17, 2003 10:40 am

Thanks again everyone. I think I am going with Chipman Relocations, an agent for United Van lines. I am going to try a little research on them, but please letme know if you know anything. Thanks! :P
Stephanie
thomassteph

Postby Michael » Mon May 19, 2003 5:22 pm

Chipman is a good choice. One of Uniteds larger agents. I can let you know about their qulaity scores tomorrow. But I think your going in the right direction.

Just to let you know, I have seen All My Sons moving listed with negative remarks on this board and others. Here in NC they have 38 complaints listed with them on the BBB.

Good Luck,
Michael

Forget yourself for others and the others will never forget
Michael

Postby Anti-All My Sons » Sun Jul 06, 2003 6:52 pm

Michael wrote:Just to let you know, I have seen All My Sons moving listed with negative remarks on this board and others. Here in NC they have 38 complaints listed with them on the BBB.

I had the most horrific moving experience with All My Sons in Seattle last year. I still have an unresolved complaint with them...never again will I go with a company that will not do an in-home estimate.
Anti-All My Sons

Re: All My Sons Movers

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 07, 2003 11:17 am

The Raleigh All My Sons' service is horrible, though I can't speak for other locations. I am still waiting for a piano to be shipped from NC to TX that they picked up on May 20th. I paid for a 30 day delivery, and, well, there you have it. Also, they have repeatedly failed to call me back (3-4 times) to let me know when it would ship despite my repeated calls and demands for proper, considerate service. This has been a miserable experience. Hopefully, they will at least be good on an assurance of a price reduction, but I'm not holding my breath.
Also, I subsequently found an archived story on a local Raleigh News Station's website about consumer frustration over repeated attempts to reach an equitable settlement with this office over negligently damaged furniture. It took the new station's intervention to get All My Sons to cough up the money.
So, AVOID ALL MY SONS IN RALEIGH!!

BEWARE OF CHIPMAN!

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 11, 2003 11:41 pm

thomassteph wrote:Thanks again everyone. I think I am going with Chipman Relocations, an agent for United Van lines. I am going to try a little research on them, but please letme know if you know anything. Thanks! :P

I hope I caught you in time.

I used Chipman and they are not honoring their damage insurance that I purchased thru them. I'd NEVER use Chipmans again. Totally incompetent in my opinion.

All My Sons

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 16, 2003 9:48 pm

I too had an awful experience with All My Sons out of Denver, CO. They were dishonest and untimely. Sketchy....

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 24, 2003 9:31 am

GA does not require a carrier to be bonded... they only have to hold cargo and liability insurance.

All My Sons Movers

Postby Shelly » Sun Jul 27, 2003 10:19 pm

I used these people in Florida and they are the worst. I ended up calling the State's Attorney General and they said to get in line. They also change their name slightly (Family Moving or some such thing) and continue doing a terrible job.
Shelly

Next

Return to Open Community