Move from Seattle to Australia with Southern Winds Int'l

A forum for questions and helpful information and advice about international moves and moving companies.
CazMax

Move from Seattle to Australia with Southern Winds Int'l

Postby CazMax » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:59 pm

We used Southern Winds International to move about 2000 lbs of goods from Seattle to Melbourne, Australia and everything went very smoothly and all of our goods arrived with no damage to anything. We highly recommend this company. Michael Gilbert was our SWINTL contact and was very responsive to all my questions both prior to and after the packing up of our goods. The local agent in Seattle (Tacoma) was Lincoln Moving and Storage and in Australia it was Transglobal Shipping and Storage. Both local agents also provided excellent service.
In addition to SWINTL, we obtained quotes from Rainier and Stevens. Rainier gave us a quote for shipment of 10,000 lbs of goods to Sydney - far exceeding the weight of what we wanted shipped and to the wrong city. Stevens gave us a quote that underestimated the weight and cubic feet but was still higher than what SWINTL quoted.
SWINTL's estimate was within 150 lbs of the final weight and 15 cubic feet of the final volume. Transit time was also within what was quoted (5-6 weeks).

emmettanderson

Re: Move from Seattle to Australia with Southern Winds Int'l

Postby emmettanderson » Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:51 pm

I'm planning a relocation for work from Seattle to Sydney and I have no idea of what to expect cost-wise. If you don't mind, roughly how much did it cost you to ship your household to brisbane and what was your cubic footage?

Diane

Postby Diane » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:14 pm

Hi - unfortunately the original poster won't see your question because he/she posted more than a year ago and most people don't hang around here after their moves are complete. Why don't you call and request a ballpark estimate from that same company (Southern Winds)?

emmettanderson

Postby emmettanderson » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:23 pm

Thanks, I posted that before I had gone thru a lot more of the postings. I have a good idea now of what to expect price-wise. Thanks a lot.

Return to “International Moves”