mobile

Packers in Maryland, and Unpackers in Florida.

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.

Packers in Maryland, and Unpackers in Florida.

Postby mroth » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:56 pm

We are looking to use ABF to move us from Maryland to Florida. As that date is getting closer, I am thinking that maybe using Packers would quicken the loading process, and they would they would do a better job at packing the truck/cubes that I could. My problem is I am not sure how to go about finding people who do this, or how I can tell if they are reliable or not.

Any suggestions on how I can find this information?
mroth

Re: Packers in Maryland, and Unpackers in Florida.

Postby farrah7031 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:11 pm

You can call any local moving companies. They will have packer/unpackers. Or you can find a highly rated company on www.emove.com and contact them.
farrah7031

Re: Packers in Maryland, and Unpackers in Florida.

Postby Diane » Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:24 pm

Here are a couple of companies on our Superlist linked to below my name that might be possible, depending on where you live:
--Carolyn's Custom Cleaning, LLC (independent) in Glen Burnie.
This company is listed on www.emove.com and supplies packing/unpacking and loading/unloading services in MD. They would not be licensed as an actual mover. They travel within a 100-mile radius but I don't think they go to DC or VA.
In May 2004 "snow" gave the company a rave review on a local move and added the following comments: "The website is www.carolyncleans.com. I do not know if they only work through Emove or if they also do direct. I know that her husband handles most of the moving arrangements for the company and ordinarily uses another helper. I moved on Easter weekend so Carolyn herself was his very able assistant. They charged $55/hr for 2 hour minimum on both ends. That was way lower then the others on Emove, but maybe it was to get them started. Carolyn's office # is 410-590-1300.":
http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1605 (local)
"Tanya" (works for a moving company in MD) gave Carolyn a rave review for some cleaning she did--although not related to moving, this speaks to her professionalism:
http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtop ... 3179#53179

--David Racine (independent) in Elkton, near the Delaware border.
This company has the phone 302-598-2259. It may be listed on eMove.com (not sure). In any case, it is probably not licensed to do actual moves.
"Reno-vated" gave the company an excellent review for loading help on his Broadway Express move to NV in 7/06:
http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtop ... 2567#72567 (loading help)

Click on the link below my name and scroll down to "Maryland (Part 3)" to see other companies discussed. You can do the same thing for Florida. Look at the independent companies because they may be less busy during this very busy season.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.
Diane

Return to Open Community