mobile

Move from IL to FL By Nobel Van Lines & Sasha Transport

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.

Move from IL to FL By Nobel Van Lines & Sasha Transport

Postby debyac » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:18 am

After researching and freaking out about all the horror stories I didn't know who to go with!! In the end I chose Nobel Van Lines out of Miami, FL to do my move, based on a good BBB record and no complaints with the Florida Movers and Storage Association. They were very patient and accomodating with me through all my thousands of questions and confirmations. They quoted me based on weight and even though I had more pieces than quoted (mostly boxes and such) the weight ended up being about 150 pounds under their estimate. To do the physical move they contracted Sasha Transport out of Skoakie, IL. The pickup and drop-off personnel were very courteous, professional and helpful. They packed really well and my belongings arrived intact and undamaged (all but a few small dents on some of my appliances). Overall, very pleased with their services. I'm glad to be done.
debyac

Re: Recommendation: Move from Illinois to FL By Nobel Van Lines & Sasha

Postby MusicMom » Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:08 pm

Why did you choose a mover based in FL if you were moving FROM Illinois? You could not get an accurate in-home estimate. Why did you not choose Sasha to begin with? Nobel appears to have nothing to do with this move in the end.

It should be noted that Sasha Transport does not have a good record, compared to Nobel. They've got more BBB complaints. They've been fined for failing to prepare weight tickets in the prescribed manner (most likely leading to some dispute about the final bill's amount), and failing to charge the applicable tarriff rate. These are big problems when considering that both issues affect the amount of money that their customers are paying out.

Add to that a seriously high Driver Out Of Service rating (not having licenses, too-young interstate drivers, drivers not speaking English, falsifying logbooks, and numerous speeding tickets, among others), and this company's integrity drops even lower.
MusicMom

Re: Move from Illinois to FL By Nobel Van Lines & Sasha Tra

Postby debyac » Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:36 pm

Well, I am already living in Florida. I was just picking up the remainder of my items in my home in Danville, Illinois. I wasn't physically in Illinois and therefore couldn't have an in-home estimate done, my only option was to have my realtor meet the estimator but that just added more complications to the move. I didn't realize I could go directly through Sasha (and they weren't even on my list of companies I was getting quotes from). When I found Nobel and their stats with the FMSA and BBB were pretty decent I just said to myself, that's it, gotta choose someone and went with it. I also thought to myself if there are any issues, since I'm already living in Florida, I can physically go to Nobel's offices and deal with them one on one. After finding out that the actual movers would be Sasha, I was in contact with both companies. Nobel was also involved in my move throughout the whole process and all my concerns and questions were dealt with by both Nobel and Sasha, and I questioned a lot and asked for a lot in writing. I don't know about all the legalities of the industry, I saw that they both had the appropriate licenses but beyond that what else is there to go on other than peoples recommendations and the BBB and whatever government organizations that monitor this industry and a web site like this.

All I know is my move went smoothly, they were on time, on schedule, like I said my stuff arrived fine, thank God. I received good service, and a good result. That's all I'm saying, I think that experiences count for something when making a recommendation and mine was a good one. Will that always be the case, no, probably not, but this site shouldn't be just about the bad experiences, otherwise the end result is people don't know any better, than when they started their mover research process, whom to choose. I read a lot of threads, including ones about Nobel and Sasha. In the end it's just a chance you take when you hand over your belongings to anyone, anything can happen, even with a good company.

PS. I also followed the truck in Illinois to the weigh station and watched as it was being weighed with my stuff in it, so I received both weight certificates.
debyac

Postby MusicMom » Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:56 pm

Thank you for the additional info. So you flew back to IL for the loading, then returned to FL for the delivery?

We have to make sure all reviews are legit, and that they address all issues related to the move. No offense intended.
MusicMom

Postby debyac » Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:42 pm

Yes, exactly, I flew up 2 Saturdays ago, packed up the remainder of my stuff, was still packing when they arrived Sunday at 8:30 am, followed them out towards Monee, IL to the weigh station and then flew back from Chicago to Miami Monday. I understand about legitimaacy concerns but try to encourage people to write about good results, this way we can help others in their decision process. Just knowing who to avoid only helps a little, especially when there's no direction in knowing who to choose. :)

If I would have just relied on the postings I may not have gone with this company. Lots of research helps, you have to make calls to the proper agencies. Prepping your belongings well. Bubble wrap as much as possible for the really important and fragile stuff. Like you need at least 3 inches around of bubble wrap to protect your computer, monitor etc. It almost should be able to be bounced. :lol:

Anyway, anyone one wanting details can write to me and I'll provide whatever information they need. I can't say that I would reply right away as my move is over so I have no real need to check this site but I'll keep checking in the coming months every once and a while.

In the end, it's a crap shoot. You're either lucky or your not, unless you do it yourself. That seems to be the nature of the business.
debyac

Postby MusicMom » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:09 pm

I always DO encourage people to write good reports. I request it, most times, when someone tells us who they've chosen.
MusicMom

Postby Diane » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:56 pm

debyac wrote:. . . there's no direction in knowing who to choose. . . . In the end, it's a crap shoot. You're either lucky or your not, unless you do it yourself. That seems to be the nature of the business.

debyac,

I can see that your review is genuine, but I disagree with you that moving is a crap shoot and you have to rely on luck for a good result. It stands to reason that people can greatly increase their chances of having a good move by using a company that others have had good experiences with. We DO try to direct people to such companies by classifying them as "very good" :thumbsup: or "outstanding" :thumbsup: :thumbsup: on the Superlist linked to below my name. People may have glitches with such companies but the record shows that they will not be scammed and the companies will try to make good if "stuff happens." We do not limit ourselves to being negative, i.e. simply warning people about dubious or scam companies.

I'll add your review to the Superlist, don't worry. Thank you for posting.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.
Diane

Return to Open Community