Strongly Recommend Southern Winds International

A forum for questions and helpful information and advice about international moves and moving companies.
Satisfied Customer

Strongly Recommend Southern Winds International

Postby Satisfied Customer » Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:11 pm

After reading some of the horror stories we were very apprehensive about our upcoming US to UK move. We decided to go with one of the recommended international movers, Southern Winds International, and we couldn't be happier. Our move was generally hassle-free, on-time, and within budget.

I would recommend them to anyone and want to also thank this website for the invaluable service you provide.

Thanks! :D

MusicMom

Re: Strongly Recommend Southern Winds International

Postby MusicMom » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:01 pm

I'm glad to hear it went well. Here's your original post from October.

http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtop ... 3666#73666

It would be nice if you could give some details about what went they did that was so wonderful for you. How big was your load, and what was the resulting cost? How long did it take from pickup to delivery to get your load to you? Were there any other companies involved that also deserve good credit?

Satisfied Customer

Re: *Strongly Recommend Southern Winds International

Postby Satisfied Customer » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:53 pm

Hi MusicMom,

After the initial contact via e-mail we got a call back in about a week. They gave us a quote based on my calculations (about 300 cubic feet). My estimate was not far off and the ending price was not far off the quote either (which was nice!)

Once we were contacted by phone the pick up was scheduled for a few days later, at our request. We didn't have much time so they did their best to accomodate us. Our stuff arrived at the UK port right on time (based on the estimated delivery date.) I don't remember the exact dates but I think it was about 2 months. We couldn't take delivery for a few more weeks so Simpsons Storage and Removals in the UK stored it for us at their warehouse. Once I arranged the delivery with Simpsons they scheduled it for a couple of days later. Everything was delivered right on time and without hassle.

It was really that easy which was very surprising. Everyone was courteous and our stuff arrived intact. We couldn't ask for much more. Our contact at Southern Winds was a helpful guy named Donovan.

We are really appreciative as moving to a new country is an incredibly stressful experience. Not having to deal with the hassles of ordinary moving companies was a real godsend.

MusicMom

Re: Strongly Recommend Southern Winds International

Postby MusicMom » Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:25 pm

Thank you very much, those details are helpful!

Return to “International Moves”