mobile

Prostar Auto Transport / Pioneer Auto Transport

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.

Prostar Auto Transport / Pioneer Auto Transport

Postby haveacupcake » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:06 pm

2006 Dodge Magnum
1999 Toyota Rav 4

Van Nuys, CA to Greenwich, CT

Cars picked up on July 19 - delivered on July 30

Great customer service - prompt response to questions or requests. There was a bit of confusion with the pick up date for the cars. We were told that they would be picked up on the 20th - but we got a call on the 16th from the actual shipping company - to pick the car up then. So we compromised and they picked it up a day early on the 19th. Inconvenient - but no big deal.

The cars arrived earlier than we expected which was nice. My only complaint - they parked the Magnum on the lower level closest to the cab. And the driver had a heck of a time getting it out. Magnum's are wide - and front heavy - and I was holding my breath as he tried to floor the gas to back it over the hump right behind it - the car fishtailed - almost hit the metal railing - OY - I thought my husband was going to pass out. Smelling burning rubber - also not a good sign. but he managed to get it out with each of us standing behind the rig and guiding him.

The cost $2700
Right before our move - I asked if we were supposed to tip the driver - and I was told no - but it sure seemed like he was expecting a tip. You know - the old pause and stand there for a moment...I probably would have been more inclined to give a tip anyway - had he not almost wrecked our car.

Ironically - the day after we got the cars - the Magnum ended up in the shop for a leak in the transmission seal. Coincidence? Who knows - but it's pretty darned ironic.

I'm neutral on this one - I don't know if I'd recommend them or not.
haveacupcake

Re: Prostar Auto Transport / Pioneer Auto Transport

Postby Diane » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:17 pm

Thanks so much for this. For those interested, the following thread shows the runup to your final report and the name of the company that actually moved the cars (Pioneer Auto Transport) - http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14316 Since you said there that your marriage might be over if anything happened to the Magnum, I'm greatly relieved that it survived. :wink: I'm adding your review to our Auto Transporters review thread and will also make sure that ProStar Auto sees it.

Regarding the tip, was it ProStar who told you that you didn't have to tip the driver? If so, that was correct - normally a tip is not expected.
Diane

Postby haveacupcake » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:18 pm

No - I posted here on the board. I guess he was just hopeful!
haveacupcake

Postby Diane » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:58 pm

At least the cars arrived early. That is actually a very short transit time cross-country. - Also, in my experience car transport customers are normally given a pickup "spread" of days rather than just being promised a definite pickup date from the get-go. I'm wondering whether you had anything like that, for example July 16th-20th rather than a definite date on the 20th. That could have been the source of the driver trying to pick up on the 16th as you posted earlier.
Diane

Postby haveacupcake » Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:09 am

Right - we were originally given a spread - then I called to see if I could narrow the date down (about a week in advance) and they told me if they picked it up on the 16th - it would actually take longer to get here - dont' know why. I was told if they picked up on the 20th - it would be here in the time frame I wanted. So I told her I definitely wanted to do the 20th. I guess they didn't tell the actual truck company that. It just seems like there was a lot of confusion between what the ladies at ProStar said - vs what the truck drivers said.
haveacupcake

Return to Open Community