mobile

Question Regarding Damages and Filing a Claim

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.

Question Regarding Damages and Filing a Claim

Postby lukenlaurafan77 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:11 pm

I recently moved from MD to CO and must say overall I had a very satisfying experience using Ace Relocation. While they were late arriving they were fast and efficient loading and very professional. They delivered my stuff 3 days later(next day after I arrived.) However, my concern is that my son's crib was broken during transit, which was noted on the papers by the movers. I am not completely unpacked yet but I also noticed 3 broken dishes and it appears our dvd/vcr recorder is broken. This is the one that greatly bothers me, because I hadn't known about it before and it was not packed in a box. We went to play some dvds and they either won't load or keep freezing(all dvds and these are even brand new ones). This player is 1 year old. I have full coverage insurance so how do I go about doing this and will I be compensated? I'm scared because when I moved 2 years ago I didn't realize I had signed a paper(even with full coverage ins) saying everything was delivered and ok and all I wound up getting for broken furniture was $450. I don't want that to happen here. Thanks in advance.
lukenlaurafan77

Re: Question Regarding Damages and Filing a Claim

Postby farrah7031 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:04 pm

Call Ace and ask them how to file a claim. They're a reputable company and will be fair.
farrah7031

Postby lukenlaurafan77 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:43 pm

I know I can file a claim online and I do intend to. I just don't want them to say something like well the damages should've been found before we left and noted, like the last company I used did. They told me I had signed something saying I waived my rights to use my full value ins protection and therefore settled for thousands of dollars worth of damages for $450. I just hesitate to think I did the same with Ace.
lukenlaurafan77

Postby Michael » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:50 am

You stated the crib was noted as damged thus your valuation should cover you to have that fixed or repaired first. The dishes, were they packed by you or them? The DVD, if there is no external damage to the piece then they are not liable for what they call "Inherent vice". If there is external damage to the DVD then they should cover you.

I dont think you will have any issue either. But I would recommend you finish getting settled in, unpacked and then go through the claim process. You can only file one claim. therefore make sure you have clearly gone over everything.

Keep us posted,
Michael

Forget yourself for others and the others will never forget
Michael

Postby farrah7031 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:59 am

Dang! Michael finally agreed with me! Mark that on the calendar! :lol:
farrah7031

Return to Open Community