mobile

Worcester to CA - which company to use?

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.

Worcester to CA - which company to use?

Postby movin'round » Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:56 pm

I have gotten quotes from 3 companies and am hoping for some input on any of these. Our move is to take place the last week of July from Worcester, MA to Turlock, CA.

ABC Moving & Storage Co., LLC (Allied)
Clinton, MA
- 6279 lbs, $5753.63, non-binding

Liberty Movers, Inc. (Bekins)
Leicester, MA
- 5500 lbs, $5664.74, binding not to exceed

Allen & Coles Moving Systems (NorthAmerican)
Clinton, MA
- 5950 lbs, $5328.35, non-binding

I do not have any DOT or MC numbers for these beyond the ones given for the national companies (The Allied, Bekins and NorthAmerican ones). Does that make a difference?

The agent from Allen & Coles said that he could do a binding not to exceed estimate (which he said they call something different now, can't remember what), but that it would be higher, and not subject to the same discount off of the full tariff amount. I'm kind of confused by that.

Any information on any of these companies, or suggestions for making my decision would be great!
movin'round

Re: Worcester to CA - which company to use?

Postby BillAdams » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:49 am

You've done your homework by getting three in-home estimates by well-known national carriers.
It looks like you'll end up with a load of approx 6000 lbs.
You can see that pricing is similar, so you may want to consider the little things like the professionalism of the reps that came to your house, the promptness of returned phonecalls, the willingness to provide references, the experience of the estimator, and the intangible "feel good" gut sense that you may have about which one will be right for you.
Good luck.
Bill Adams
Finding good people is worth the effort you make.
BillAdams

Re: Worcester to CA - which company to use?

Postby Diane » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:01 pm

movin'round,

See this post and the one following for what has been said here about movers in your area - http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtop ... 7647#57647

In general, Bekins is considered a weaker van line than Allied or North American, particularly when it comes to paying on claims.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.
Diane

Return to Open Community