Meathead Movers - a class A outfit

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
kjh

Meathead Movers - a class A outfit

Postby kjh » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:43 pm

Hi, I just wanted to add my own personal review of a local CA moving company that was simply the best hands-down of any of the 6 or so (across the country) that I've used over the last 15 years. Meathead Movers (yep, funny name, but somewhat appropriate) was the company and they were professional, well-trained, friendly, and competent to a T. From the moment that one of their reps came to my house to perform an estimate, I knew right then that I was going to hire them. I already had a strong inclination from their professionally laid out website.

My gut was right on the money, as they performed the move in under the time they estimated, didn't break a thing, didn't complain once, and kept me abreast of everything that was going on, while asking me questions throughout the process to ensure they were doing what I wanted.

Now, Meathead certainly wasn't the cheapest of the lot, but they were definitely worth it. If you can afford it, use them. Just as an example, one of the items was a somewhat heavy entertainment center that had to go up to the 2nd floor and around a rather narrow circular staircase. Before moving it, the 3 movers surveyed the staircase, the piece of furniture and talked through exactly how they were going to move it. They had obviously been well-trained. They then proceeded to move it exactly as they had planned, without so much as a scratch, and it was a very tight fit.

At the end of the move, the young men didn't even so much as indicate that they expected a tip. Needless to say, I was very impressed.

It seems that there are entirely too many negative moving review. It's about time there are some positive ones. Here's another positive review of Meathead: http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14960

Meathead Movers should get into the business of building moving companies. They certainly know how to build and run one. Kudos gents.

Diane

Re: Meathead Movers - a class A outfit

Postby Diane » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:58 am

I don't understand - you're apparently (could be wrong) posting from Indiana, so when did you use Meathead for an hourly move? Please provide more detail.

kjh

Postby kjh » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:19 pm

Diane wrote:I don't understand - you're apparently (could be wrong) posting from Indiana, so when did you use Meathead for an hourly move? Please provide more detail.

I'm guessing it appears that I'm posting from Indiana based on my IP Address? If so, unfortunately, that's not foolproof; I'm actually in CA.

My move was on May 31 this year, was a short move (about 5 miles) within Thousand Oaks, CA, and took approx 3 hrs.

So I was thinking about how to prove that I'm just a satisfied customer and not a shill for Meathead, but really couldn't come up with a way to do that without laying out tons of personal information and then having a trusted 3rd-party outfit verify with me and Meathead. I suppose Internet-based reviews are just take-it-or-leave-it entities.

While my review may have seemed over-the-top complimentary, and I'm sure Meathead is doing just fine, I'm the type that likes to see top-notch businesses stay in business so that not only can consumers continue to have them as an option, but so that other businesses can use them as an example.

Diane

Re: **Meathead Movers - a class A outfit

Postby Diane » Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:01 pm

Oops, sorry . . . I looked again and yes, you ARE posting from Southern CA. I never doubted your truthfulness, because I think the company is good. I just wondered when you could have used them. Thanks and I'll add your review to the others the company has on the Superlist linked to under my name.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

BigLeeCalif

Postby BigLeeCalif » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:58 am

I remember when the two brothers (Aaron and Evan Steed) that started Meathead were just out to make enough to pay for college.

I'm sure they never imagined they were starting a lifelong profession as movers.

They must have expanded since I last had contact, because they were primarily covering the area around San Luis Obispo.

So they must have opened a new location to be servicing Thousand Oaks.... If they did, bravo for them.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

Diane

Postby Diane » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:28 am

Regarding a new location, their website (which I agree is great) shows a location in Camarillo that serves Santa Barbara, Ventura, and Los Angeles Counties - http://meatheadmovers.com/OurTeam/ContactUs.aspx

Rick

Postby Rick » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:05 am

Removed
Last edited by Rick on Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

ArchieWhite

Postby ArchieWhite » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:27 am

Thats an impressive website/hall of fame.....

smatwilly

Postby smatwilly » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:17 pm

I think its wonderful that they have built a good company! I have to admit though-- :? I would not call for an estimate because of the name. I wonder if they dont receive all the calls they should or would because of their name.

Im glad to hear they are a class act though! Word of mouth would be their best advertisement vs looking up & seeing their name in the Yellow Pages or Web.

Rick

Postby Rick » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:06 pm

Removed
Last edited by Rick on Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

smatwilly

Postby smatwilly » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:17 pm

Rick--I agree with you completely about seeing a NAVL truck & not knowing about that they do local & long distance -- have you seen the new truck wraps - they show a piece of furniture being padded & moved---the problem is most agecies dont have them yet because thet are SO expensive! :cry:

r.tennison

Postby r.tennison » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:59 pm

At least they had the foresight to service an area that is underserved. Although there are fine companies in the Thousand Oaks area, they always seem too busy or understaffed.

Return to “Open Community”