mobile

Do Penske trucks have to stop at weigh stations?

A forum for questions and information about packing, loading and other helpful tips (not related to researching or selecting moving companies).

:arrow:Re: Do Penske trucks have to stop at weigh stations?

Postby chilly » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:56 am

I've been an over the road truck driver for about 14 years now and I can tell you I don't ever recall seeing a U Haul or Penski moving truck crossing a scale. Great question though!

So to err on the side of caution I would contact the state patrol (they are D.O.T. certified) and tell them your concerns. Better safe than sorry and a phone costs NOTHING compared to the fine you might get!

No offense to anyone here intended... but asking aa question like this and expecting a reliable answer on a forum is fool hearty! GO TO THE SOURCE!!! The D.O.T. Website to get the correct answer is :arrow: http://www.dot.gov/contact.html

Hope that helps!
chilly

Re: Do Penske trucks have to stop at weigh stations?

Postby BigLeeCalif » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:06 pm

No offense to anyone here intended... but asking aa question like this and expecting a reliable answer on a forum is fool hearty!

Chilly why do you think as you do regarding this? We have van operators here, company owners in several states, and moving pros that know what their states require.

I'm in southern california, and I am within 100 miles of probably 8 state operated scales, and they all are clearly posted all trucks must enter, including rental and delivery trucks. The exceptions are if they give you a bypass signal or the scale is closed.

You are right that anyone can contact their local state department of transportation, or the highway/state police and find out the regulations.
However, if a person is driving cross country in a rental, the easiest solution is to properly load the vehicle, and be prepared to stop at scales, even if not asked.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain
BigLeeCalif

Previous

Return to Helpful Moving Information