mobile

Signing the contract

A forum for questions and information about packing, loading and other helpful tips (not related to researching or selecting moving companies).

Signing the contract

Postby HAC » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:44 pm

In todays modern world all the estimators that I've dealt with have emailed my quote - even the ones that physically came & looked at my belongings.

When I find the one I wish to do business with how do I get them to sign the contract? How do I sign the contract - do I print it out sign it - scan it & email back? I know this sounds silly but unless things have changed a contract is not any good without all parties signing it.

Curious how others have dealt with this.
HAC

Re: Signing the contract

Postby Movinghelper » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:01 pm

When I leave the home, I leave a contract. I also email the contract so they have it for ready reference if need be. Some cusstomers choose to use the better looking contract to sign and scan and return to me. Or they can sign it and fax back to the company.

If you are doing credit card authorization it is not wise to scan and email it. But safer to fax this.

You can also call the person who did your estimate and have them stop by with another copy so you can sign it, they can sign it and you will have a signed copy of it also.

You can also bring ot to their office. this way you can see that there actually is one and also look at the operation first hand. Sign it there and ask for a copy. Again if you are doing credit card you can fill the authorization out right there.

Unigroup Mayflower and United Van Lines have what is called e-acceptance right there on the spot. Also you can do the credit card right at the same time. There is no need for anything else unless of course you would like a copy for yourself.

Remember electronic transactions have been around for some time and the moving industry is just catching up with the digital age.

Hope this helps.
For more information on moving or to file a complaint go to http://www.protectyourmove.gov

1..NEVER PAY A MOVER A DEPOSIT FOR INTERSTATE MOVING! IT COULD BE THE START OF THE BIG SCAM
2. GO WITH IN HOME ESTIMATES ONLY.
3. DO NOT USE A BROKER.
Movinghelper

Postby NYCMover » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:24 am

Please be advised that an estimate, whether non-bound, bound or not-to-exceed is not a contract. It is a document that states that the customer intends to use the particular carrier in question for a set of services to be provided and also states that said carrier intends to provide those services. The estimate is a document showing intent for the 2 parties involved to do business together.

The Bill of Lading (B.O.L.) for the move that you sign on loading day is the actual contract. Until the carrier's representative and the customer both sign the B.O.L. on the day of the move, no "contract" (so to speak) exists.

Good luck with your move! :)
NYCMover

Postby Baileys77 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:48 am

Read all Terms and Conditions!!!!!
Baileys77

Postby Gibraltar » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:26 pm

Honestly, you have to ask certain questions that will actually see if they're scamming you. Do your research pertaining to where and how your moving and ask away!
Gibraltar

Return to Helpful Moving Information