mobile

Estes SureMove

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.

Estes SureMove

Postby Lalagirl22 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:44 pm

We are considering moving with Estes SureMove and cannot find many reviews. I have seen a few from Pack N Ride but I think SureMove is the new name.

Has anyone heard anything about this company? They are substantially cheaper than U-Pack/ABF, provide 10 days of free storage, and have weekly storage rental fees (ABF is only monthly) so it seems much more reasonable.
Lalagirl22

Re: Estes SureMove

Postby MusicMom » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:07 pm

How can the price be so much cheaper for the same service? ABF is already pretty bare bones as it is.
MusicMom

Postby Lalagirl22 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:10 pm

There's a huge difference, which is making us concerned. Here are the prices for a full 28' trailer in June from San Diego to Little Rock:

ABF - $4600
Broadway Express - $5600
Estes SureMove - $3056

So, a $1600 savings over ABF. Something does not seem right, but I cannot figure out what it is. Obviously, we're inclined to save $1600 if we can!

I'm scrutinizing the contract but am interested in anything about this company. It has a BBB rating of A+, but I cannot find anything on eopinions.
Lalagirl22

Postby MusicMom » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:12 am

I didn't know Estes was doing this service, I think you're the furst to ask about it. I don't think you'll be scammed by them, but I am concerned that there's a big something missing.
MusicMom

Postby BigLeeCalif » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:28 pm

I don't know about Estes and freight, but I know that I see them every day in our facility making deliveries. Next time I see their driver I will pick his brain.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain
BigLeeCalif

Postby Movinghelper » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:43 pm

Now the big question I have it with all of their terminals around the USA do they fall into the requirement of doing in home estimates. If not how come. The same with ABF, Old Dominion etc.
http://www.odfl.com/locator/TerminalLocator.jsp
https://www.abfs.com/tools/rsearch/default.asp?C=Y
http://www.estes-express.com/WebApp/TerminalList/

Seems like if they want to become moving companies they should abide by the laws
For more information on moving or to file a complaint go to http://www.protectyourmove.gov

1..NEVER PAY A MOVER A DEPOSIT FOR INTERSTATE MOVING! IT COULD BE THE START OF THE BIG SCAM
2. GO WITH IN HOME ESTIMATES ONLY.
3. DO NOT USE A BROKER.
Movinghelper

Postby BigLeeCalif » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:27 am

I think they all will try to sell it to the regulators as "we only drive the truck. The shipper provides loading/unloading. We just drive the truck"
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain
BigLeeCalif

Postby Movinghelper » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:48 am

I don't thnk that reads in the law anyplace. Seems like an estimate is an estimate.
For more information on moving or to file a complaint go to http://www.protectyourmove.gov

1..NEVER PAY A MOVER A DEPOSIT FOR INTERSTATE MOVING! IT COULD BE THE START OF THE BIG SCAM
3. DO NOT USE A BROKER.
Movinghelper

Postby MusicMom » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:17 am

Been discussed before. Many times.
MusicMom

Postby Lalagirl22 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:15 pm

BigLeeCalif - that would be amazing! I appreciate any inside info you can garner. We are watching every penny (and just cancelled our planned vacation scheduled around that time to ensure we have enough money to do this right).

An in-home estimate would be helpful - it's very hard for a consumer to tell. We've now spoken with dozens of companies and they want to haggle on how much stuff we have (without having seen it) instead of giving us info to do an apples to apples comparison.

Broadway Express definitely offers the "white glove service" of "you pack" moves - I just don't think we could afford it.

Based on other posts on this site, we have decided to purge and donate/sell much of our furniture and buy stuff from Craigs List on the other end. So maybe the stress about money will be a good thing...

Anyway, we are anxiously waiting for any additional insight you can offer!
Lalagirl22

Postby BigLeeCalif » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:21 pm

We don't hear that much about Broadway Express on here much anymore, but I saw one of their trucks a few months ago on the I-5 near Los Angeles, and it was a very nice and clean truck. You can kind of get an idea of the van operator takes pride in his worth by looking at his unit. Clean and tidy means the same for his work. Toss that out in the winter, because he won't wash his truck as often due to weather.

I would ask Estes if they provide any type of loading/unloading assistance, and if so, where do they get their labor pool from.
BigLeeCalif

Postby jenna321 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:21 am

Any new info on Estes SureMove? I am thinking of using them too but not seeing any reviews.
Thanks!
jenna321

Postby BigLeeCalif » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:33 pm

I want the pros to take a look at this link, and tell me when Estes became a moving company?

http://estessuremove.com/

This is right from their page.
A Moving Company with a Reputation of Stability and Success
Estes SureMove is a division of Estes Express Lines, a company with more than 80 years of experience in the trucking industry, 35,000 pieces of equipment and over 13,000 dedicated transportation professionals. America’s favorite brands trusted Estes drivers to deliver more than 8.9 million shipments in 2011. We are North America’s largest privately owned less-than-truckload transportation company, so you can rest assured we are experienced, reputable and safe when it comes to moving goods from point A to point B. Interested? Find out more about How It Works or visit our Frequently Asked Questions.
BigLeeCalif

Postby MusicMom » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:20 pm

Call Estes and ask them why they used that phrase improperly. Suggesr tney change it before they get fined.
MusicMom

Postby Movinghelper » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:06 am

They have been doing crates with HHGDs for many years. I guess this places them in the same "Moving Company" business as the rest of them.

3. DO NOT USE A BROKER.
Movinghelper

Next

Return to Open Community