Compensation from ABF

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Jake

Compensation from ABF

Postby Jake » Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:03 am

:D :D :D I'm happy to report that after contacting ABF and telling them of our moving difficulties we were contacted immediately and offered compensation. In my opinion, any company that takes the time to 'hear' a customer and offer to make things right absolutly deserves a good report and perhaps a second chance in the future. For the full story, please see post 'ABF UPDATE - Seattle to Florida'

Thanks for all the help. I also have a few 'long distance' driving tips (with 2 cats) that I will post as soon as I figure where to post them. Have a safe move and don't foget to enjoy the scenery! ~ Julia

Diane

Re: Compensation from ABF

Postby Diane » Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:45 am

Good, Julia - that was speedy! With your permission I'm going to post this on our ABF thread right after your original post telling about the problems you had with delay and so on. I think consumers need to know that ABF behaved responsibly.

You should just start a new thread on "How to move with cats and other four-legged friends"!

Jake

Postby Jake » Mon Aug 02, 2004 4:37 am

Diane wrote:Good, Julia - that was speedy! With your permission I'm going to post this on our ABF thread right after your original post telling about the problems you had with delay and so on. I think consumers need to know that ABF behaved responsibly.

You should just start a new thread on "How to move with cats and other four-legged friends"!
8) I was going to post this on the ABF thread also, but I have no idea where to find it (lol). Again, thanks for being so supportive. My husband and I both really appreicated all the ideas and help we found here. I think everyone that recieves help from this website should donate at least $25.00 to help keep it going. I'm sure you've saved people thousands of dollars over the years.

Best Wishes to You Always! Julia

Lea Shaw

Postby Lea Shaw » Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:35 am

Hi Julia,

I would like to h ear about your tips for moving with 2 kitties as I am in a similar circumstance moving from NH to FL with 2.

Thanks,
Lea

Jake

Postby Jake » Mon Aug 02, 2004 12:37 pm

Lea Shaw wrote:Hi Julia,

I would like to h ear about your tips for moving with 2 kitties as I am in a similar circumstance moving from NH to FL with 2.

Thanks,
Lea

Hello Lea. When are you moving? I am putting together a 'big list' to post to this board and should be finished by Wed am, however if you need this now, I will be happy to send you a private email tonight. Please let me know: Harleejake at aol.com

Diane

Postby Diane » Mon Aug 02, 2004 12:39 pm

Julia, I just changed your email address so you won't get a lot of spam. People should restore the @ symbol when emailing you.

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 03, 2004 7:24 am

Hi Julia,

We are hoping to move on Aug 19th. I have tranquilizers for my kitties but am reluctant to use them. I was thinking about starting the trip without using the pills and if the kitties are too stressed, giving them the prescribed dose once we are on the road.

You can reach me back channel at finsr at earthlink.net.

Thank you,
Lea

Return to “Open Community”