mobile

I'm choosing Allied - North Coast Moving and Storage Company LLC.

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.

I'm choosing Allied - North Coast Moving and Storage Company LLC.

Postby SinDonor » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:41 pm

Well, after reading everyone's suggestions and comments on here (thanks!) I've decided to spend a little extra $$$ and go with a big name mover. I called an Allied affiliate based out of Bellevue WA to move me from Orlando FL to Redmond WA.

Ellen from North Coast Moving and Storage called me back and after our discussion, sent me an estimate for 2000lbs and one for 3000lbs (although I think I'll be even under 2000). Her rates for the move were great, compared to the other big namers (United, Atlas) I've spoken with so far.

She's also able to send me a truck asap, since I'll be leaving here by Oct 14th. So I'll be present for my move out, (instead of asking my mom or a friend to watch over the process).

Ellen was great, very friendly and accommodating. I felt very comfortable speaking with her unlike some of these folks I've spoken with recently.

I checked out North Coast, and they have been around for 30+ years and had only 1 complaint listed on BBB and FMCSA.

I'll follow this post up later once the move is ongoing/complete.
SinDonor

Re: *I'm choosing Allied - North Coast Moving and Storage Company LLC.

Postby SinDonor » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:25 pm

So, my stuff made it to my new house in Redmond today, on time and undamaged! A few boxes/containers had some corners/sides bent in a bit, but I boxed my fragile stuff smartly with lots of blankets inside the boxes or containers.

These guys were great. The company I went through was Allied - North Coast, but the actual movers were a couple of Allied guys out of Daytona, FL. Bill was the driver/boss and was excellent. They were all very professional, took great care of all my stuff (wrapped, padded, etc), and worked fast.

I highly recommend Allied - North Coast Moving and Storage out of Bellevue, WA. Once I get the name and company of Bill's Allied location from Daytona, FL, I'll post that too!

Well worth every penny. 5-stars. 10 outta 10, etc etc....
SinDonor

Re: **I'm choosing Allied - North Coast Moving and Storage Company LLC.

Postby SinDonor » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:19 am

Here's the driver info:

William Fortier, driver# 40744, and he drives for Bayshore Transportation (Allied# 0186-000).

Great guy to work with. Funny guy too.
SinDonor

Postby SinDonor » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:24 am

Oh yeah, I think I forgot to mention that the operations manager I worked with after Ellen (from sales) handed me off was named Laurel. She also did a great job and was easy to get a hold of via phone or email.
SinDonor

Postby Diane » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:20 am

I'm not sure what agent Bill Fortier drives for - as far as I know, there is no Bayshore Allied in Daytona, FL. If anyone can clarify, please do so and I'll add the info to the Superlist.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.
Diane

Re: I'm choosing Allied - North Coast Moving and Storage Company LLC.

Postby Techsan93 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:46 pm

Bayshore is a big Allied agent based in the DC/VA area. They have very good drivers and a decent sized hauling fleet.

Techsan93
Techsan93

Postby SinDonor » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:16 pm

Yes, I do remember Bill saying his main office was based out of the DC area, but he (and his crew) live in Daytona.
SinDonor

Postby Diane » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:45 pm

Thanks - I added a mention of Bill to the Bayshore Allied listing as well, to give credit to the hauling agent as well as the booking agent.
Diane

Return to Open Community