mobile

vivo van lines/ Carmel Movers, Inc

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.

Re: vivo van lines

Postby BBB » Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:14 am

Complaints about Vivo Van Lines (or Vivo Vanlines) shady practices should be directed to http://www.bosbbb.org/ and http://www.moving.org/
BBB

Postby Josh » Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:38 am

Brycen,

All you have to do is search for Vivo on this site and you will see their pattern!

I have even competed against them before, and know first hand how they low ball customers and rip em in the end!

Josh
"A man who has never gone to school may steal from a freight car; but if he has a university education, he may steal the whole railroad."
-Theodore Roosevelt
Josh

Postby Tyrone » Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:15 pm

B,

As I said in an earlier post, I personally took the time to call Vivo when they first arrived on the scene. In general, I try and personally speak with a company representative before I post statements about the company. After all, there are 2 sides to each story, right?

I spoke with Jennifer Moshe, and let me tell you, between her direct statements to me and the company statements on their website, I documented at least 3 significant outright lies intended to deceive consumers about their length of time in business, their BBB affiliation, and their connection to other known scam companies. I did this even before a single consumer experience had been reported here. My warnings about Vivo predated all the consumer complaints that came in later.

There is a difference between being a legitimate-but-incompetent company and being a scam company. Vivo is a scam company, and in fact they no longer make much of an effort to conceal their true nature.
Dominus amotioni capitis e clunibus sum.
Tyrone

Postby MusicMom » Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:54 pm

Brycen wrote:You claim that "Coverage is not Insurance". OK, then, what it is? To quote from your own website:

If you elect to purchase full value protection, articles that are lost, damaged or destroyed will be either repaired, replaced with like items, or a cash settlement will be made for the current market replacement value regardless of the age of the lost or damaged item. Unlike the other options, depreciation of the lost or damaged item is not a factor in determining replacement value when the shipment is moved under full value protection.

We purchased $20,000 in "Full (replacement) Value Protection."

OK, maybe a moverguy can help out here. To me, this does sound like insurance, as opposed to the valuation discussed in the other thread.
MusicMom

Postby Vivo Scammed Me » Thu Apr 22, 2004 5:11 am

People mad at Vivo Van lines have one more avenue of complaint -- contact the referal services like http://www.123movers.com/ who list Vivo Vanlines, and try and get them delisted.
Vivo Scammed Me

Postby Tyrone » Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:31 pm

You are joking, right? Based on individual research into scammer-friendly 123movers.com and scammer-loving vanlines.com, the vast majority of advertisers on those sites are scammers.

It has even been asserted, and quite convincingly I might add, that both vanlines.com and 123movers.com exist for the sole purpose of snaring victims for scam moving companies.

Attempts to engage these companies in discuss results in statements like "Scammers? What scammers? We have extremely high quality control standards", etc. They are full of lies.
Tyrone

Try this one on for size, Vivo Van Lines scammers

Postby Scammed by Vivo » Wed May 19, 2004 3:22 am

HANOVER INSURANCE CO.
COMMERCIAL UNDERWRITING H-305
100 NORTH PARKWAY
WORCESTER, MA US 01605

May 19, 2004

Dear Hanover Insurance Company;

I am writing to alert you of behavior by Vivo Van Lines, MC431898, for whom you provide From 91X BIPD/Primary insurance (policy AFN6683617).

This carrier conducted our interstate move on January 23, 2004 during the time their FMCSA license was suspended. They lost our goods, and have refused to pay our claim.

In addition they have shown a pattern of less than ideal behavior:
1) Vivo provided a fraudulent in-home estimate, off by a factor of 2.
2) Vivo falsely claimed to be a member of the American Moving and Storage Association (See attached cease and desist order).
3) Vivo lied about their status to the Better Business Bureau (See attached)
4) Vivo failed to provide us with the federally required insurance/coverage guide.
5) Vivo forced us to sign a form promising, ?not to dispute any charges?.

Please check www.MovingScam.com for other reports from dissatisfied Vivo Van Lines customers.

We encourage you review the reputation of the businesses you cover. Should they not meet your high standards, we encourage you to review their coverage. Thank you.
Scammed by Vivo

Postby dustbunny » Sun Jun 27, 2004 5:17 pm

I have been fighting with Vivo since my move from Mass to N.Y. in Feb. 2004. They certainly use deceptive pricing practices and their moving skills are far less than adequate. They ruined one of my grandfather clocks which I had repaired for $500. I have dealt with the BBB and filed a dispute with my credit card company for the $900 that they charged me when they arrived at the new destination. But for some reason my credit card company gave up after 3 months and put the charge back on my bill. I have spoken with the elusive Earlene also and she is nothing more than a recorder for the supposed owner "vivo" who says that my clock must have been broken before the move. I really am very angry but almost ready to give up because the move was one of the most stressful breakups and I don't want to submit myself to much more. Does anyone have any suggestions?
dustbunny

Postby IMP » Sun Jun 27, 2004 9:54 pm

#1 - Was an inventory prepared at origin and if so - how does it list the condition of your clock when it was received by them?

#2 - Is Vivo an AMSA member? If so - they must agree to submit to binding arbitration.
IMP

Postby Tyrone » Mon Jun 28, 2004 2:21 am

The real owners of Vivo Van Lines are Yariv and Jennifer Moshe
125 Pleasant St, WATERTOWN, MA 02472-4820
Tel: 617-924-2090
Fax: 617-393-1662

Be relentless in your calls, letters and faxes.
Tyrone

Postby dustbunny » Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:47 am

I have both inventories. At pickup and delivery--and of course both are identical. I actually have 2 grandfather clocks and even though their symbols are difficult to read--probably intentional, I do not see any indication that they made that anything was damaged at pickup. But the damage was the mechanism. When they unwrapped it (there were 3 men) I gasped because the face of the clock was crooked and had fallen from the front. What aggravates me the most is that all three of those movers saw it and although they did reposition the dial the clock did not chime correctly.
dustbunny

Postby Tyrone » Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:02 pm

IMP asked:

Is Vivo an AMSA member? If so - they must agree to submit to binding arbitration

Don't bother -- these are hard core scammers with no concern about their personal or corporate reputations.

I have spoken with them personally and I can verify that they are proven liars and scammers, from the top all the way on down.
Tyrone

Postby dustbunny » Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:04 pm

So I guess the answer is that I write off the loss and get on with my life!!
dustbunny

Postby Tyrone » Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:20 pm

DustBunny,

Have you spoken with Jennifer or Yariv?
Tyrone

Postby dustbunny » Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:45 pm

Not that I know of. But do they use their real names?
dustbunny

PreviousNext

Return to Open Community