mobile

vivo van lines/ Carmel Movers, Inc

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.

Re: vivo van lines

Postby Tyrone » Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:08 pm

Jennifer used her real name when I spoke with her. Call up and ask for them, and let us know what they tell you?

I would call first for Jennifer... then when you get the runaround call back and ask for Yariv.

If you know anyone that speaks Hebrew, have them call for you and ask for them in Hebrew... your chances of getting through will skyrocket dramatically if you can do this. :roll:
Dominus amotioni capitis e clunibus sum.
Tyrone

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:03 pm

Vivo Scammed Me wrote:People mad at Vivo Van lines have one more avenue of complaint -- contact the referal services like http://www.123movers.com/ who list Vivo Vanlines, and try and get them delisted.

Hi,
To contact 123movers to delisted vivo is not going to happended. Those referal companies were paid by moving company. That's how they get their leads and call you 50 times a day, when you went on their web site fill out the form for free quote with your phone number.

Postby MusicMom » Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:47 pm

We know this. Any moving company that advertises on 123movers.com or vanlines.com should be instantly tossed out of the hiring possiblities.
MusicMom

Postby bostonmove » Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:14 am

Wheresmystuff,

We are in a similar situation, except for 2 things:
Our moving company picked up our belongings in MA and was holding them in storage for about 7-8 months, they were too deliver back to us in MA. So, we are an intrastate move, I guess..

We are not using Vivo, although the company we are using doesn't sound any better!

I was wondering if you got anywhere with notifying the Atty General's office or the Boston Police. I was under the understanding that the local Police do not want to get involved???

Did anything help you yet? I am afraid to start make a big stink to the 'authories' since they are still holding my belongings and I am afraid of what they may do to them! Like you, we received a small delivery that had only about 25% of our stuff and half of it was damaged!

I, like you, am so digusted with this whole matter, and cannot believe that these companies are allowed to get away with this.

Please let me know if it was worth calling those office, I'd appreciate it.

Also, I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to find out if a company had a 'former' name?? I also wonder what is to stop these companies from just changing their name and continuing their deceptive ways...

Thanks
bostonmove

Re: Carmel Movers a.k. vivo van lines

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:13 pm

Well, my nightmare is finally over. After a $500 increase for unspecified additional charges, $399 in car rental fees because my stuff didn't arrive when I was told it would be here and $260 for hiring another moving company to move my stuff from Carmel's 18 wheeler to a smaller truck, because they never asked if my apt allowed 18 wheelers.

I've contacted, sent long letters and complaied. I've advised them of my contacing my attorney and filing a letter to the BRB. I finally got someone to listen, only to have him not listen when I questioned the increase on my bill for the $500 additional charges. Holding my belongings hostage unless I paid. I will never move with another moving company again. I'd rather do the moving myself and forgoe the bullshit that came with this move from hell.

I hope they read this as I have every intention of going to the legal system to obtain some form of payment for my having to deal with them and their corrupt business.

Postby JustMovedWithCarmel » Mon May 01, 2006 8:16 am

I read a lot of the negative comments here and it made me worried. We had already signed a contract with Carmel when I found this forum.

However, I was pleasantly suprised with the service from Carmel. All of our goods arrived on time (early, to be precise). The inventory was good and all of our belongings were well treated. The staff who loaded and unloaded the truck were friendly and very professional.

Our move was over 1800 miles and we would recommend Carmel again.

They did quote a little less than what we paid, but this is very typical in this industry and is certainly nothing unique to Carmel.

NO, I don't work for them!!! This is not an endorsement -- just a note to say that you should check it out for yourself, not just read the negative comments on this site.
JustMovedWithCarmel

Postby MusicMom » Mon May 01, 2006 3:47 pm

Forgive me for being a little skeptical, mostly since you say you've been here before, but Moderators can see that this is the first time you have visited these boards.

Even if you are an actual customer, there are still a lot of negative comments on Carmel to consider. Customers will take these into account when deciding if they want to use Carmel.
MusicMom

Postby JustMovedWithCarmel » Tue May 02, 2006 3:48 pm

There are an aweful lot of negative forums and feedback on many moving companies. I just wanted to share that there is some positive. We were very skeptical of using Carmel after some of the things we read. After checking in with the Better Business Bureau and personally verifying their DOT and insurance status, I went ahead and used them.

If I was transporting priceless antiquities, I would have definitely looked elsewhere. Moving some basic bedroom furniture, televisions, books, clothes, and small appliances went well with Carmel in this cross-country move. Buyer beware -- ALWAYS.
JustMovedWithCarmel

Postby JustMovedWithCarmel » Tue May 02, 2006 3:51 pm

MusicMom wrote:Forgive me for being a little skeptical, mostly since you say you've been here before, but Moderators can see that this is the first time you have visited these boards.

Moderators have no real way to determine whether or not I've been here. For your information, I last visited the site from my Comcast ISP in Massachusetts and now I'm on a shared DSL line at a friend's place in Texas. There are many ways to remain anonymous online. Deleting cookies, proxy servers, public libraries, etc.
JustMovedWithCarmel

Postby NH2Skokie » Fri May 19, 2006 1:28 pm

Well I wished I found this forum earlier before my move. I moved from Merrimack NH to a storage unit in Skokie IL.

The initial work with Carmel Movers went well it was the delivery end that I had the problem with. The foreman Marcos at the pickup and his two other assistants were great.

The furniture was a week late and two delivery guys were less than helpful and rushed (not my fault they got lost to the facility and were working after 6pm). I didn't have a sense of professionalism when the driver got out of the "penske rented" tractor cab in sweatpants, tanktop and flipflops.

They repeatedly asked if the balance due was going to be in cash (of course not - certified check only). When they got to the storage place they said I needed to pay extra for the elevator and he would not take the items to the unit without payment. I showed him the paperwork I filled out that said there was an elevator (he also had a copy). I told him it was the companies mistake. Luckily I was able to reach a dispatcher and they call him and said to unload without payment.

Because of the elevator security our problems were getting me to do my own checkin inventory of the items as they were being put into the unit. The delivery guys just wanted to get done and out of there so they just stacked it up without given me time to find the tag numbers. Very arrogant and rude.

I signed the delivery sheets stating I was missing 4 cartons since I did not have the list complete. After a re-inventory I am 2 cartons short and are getting the run around from the Boston office.

I spoke with Matt at the office and he thought two clients had the same tags and they have my two boxes. Finally i had to call back and spoke with Rose - she said Matt mentioned it to her and she was waiting for a call back from the other client. Finally have two weeks I have an email correspondance from Rose saying the other client doesnot have them and to file a claim.

When I spoke with the claims number they told me to send in the letter and inventory sheets plus a description of what is missing. I have no clue what was in those two boxes since they were packed by the Carmel movers at the pickup point.

Who knows how this is going to be resolved.
NH2Skokie

Postby Guest » Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:15 pm

MusicMom wrote:Forgive me for being a little skeptical, mostly since you say you've been here before, but Moderators can see that this is the first time you have visited these boards.

Even if you are an actual customer, there are still a lot of negative comments on Carmel to consider. Customers will take these into account when deciding if they want to use Carmel.

MusicMom,
I also used Carmel w/o problems. They did not charge me extra for some of the packing that needed.

Your "if you are an actual customer comment" would lead one to ask, "if you were an actual customer or are you a competitor."

Postby MusicMom » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:28 pm

Not a competitor.

Can you give some details about your move? When did it happen, from where to where, what was the final price, how many guys loaded and unloaded, etc.

Were you lucky enough to get the truck where the driver had no CDL license, the the other guy had only a learner's permit?

I still say there are a lot of bad stories of Carmel customers, and will continue to state my own opinion that there are much better choices out there for someone to use.

But since you brought it up, are you involved with the new San Jose office of Carmel Movers?
MusicMom

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:56 pm

It was from a house in Austin Texas to an apartment in Los Angeles California. The price was $2500. There were two guys. I didn't ask to see their driver's license.

Are you talking about SHORESH CORP. which had its name changed to CARMEL MOVING & STORAGE, INC in 1994 and disolved in 1998? Or are you talking about Carmel Mover's Inc.? I am talking about the latter.

No, I am not involved with the San Jose office of Carmel Movers. I am not nor ever been employed by any moving or storage company. The last time I was in San Jose was to attend a software developer's conference in Santa Clara.

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:42 am

Is Carmel Movers a division of Vivo Van Lines? I am using Carmel and I hope I am not being scammed but I think I might be :(

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:18 am

No. After the comments by Musicmom, I checked the Mass. secretary of States Web site for both corporations. I was suspicious of Musicmom's statements to another saying, "Even if you are an actual customer, there are still a lot of negative comments on Carmel to consider. Customers will take these into account when deciding if they want to use Carmel." and asking me "are you involved with the new San Jose office of Carmel Movers?"

The web site to check corporate records in Mass. is http://corp.sec.state.ma.us/corp/corpse ... hinput.asp

Why might you think you are being scammed?

PreviousNext

Return to Open Community