international move

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.

international move

Postby guest » Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:19 pm

Hi

I moved from NYC to England (UK) a few months ago and used this sight to get as much info as possible prior to my move and also help to determine which agent/fowarder to use. After reading about all the horror stories, and doing an extensive research I decided to use Stevens International.

A very good choice I made. I would definately recommend them to anyone moving to Europe, the agent I worked with was very friendly and helpful. And regardless of the fact that most of my move was contracted out to third parties, most of my belongings arrived safe and sound with the exception of one item of furniture in which the insurance company had written out a cheque within a couple of weeks of filing the claim.

There was a huge delay in the delivery but that was actually a blessing because it saved paying an extra month of storage space at the destination. So it worked out fine for both myself and the movers. Of course perhaps if my things weren't going into storage and I was living in a house for 1 month without furniture, then it could have been a different case altogther.

But overall they were very friendly and answered all questions promptly. And best of all, I have all my stuff in one piece (except for the one item) and I didnt have to pay any extra costs etc.

Anyway, this message is long overdue and I promised last summer to let you all know how my move went. So now at least you have one good / happy story to let people know that moving doesnt have to be so dramatic if you contact the right people and do the right research!!! :)

MusicMom

Re: international move

Postby MusicMom » Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:09 pm

Guest, what name did you post under? I'd like to find that earlier thread and link to it, so people can see what questions you had at that time, and how you can to decide on Stevens.

Postby guest » Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:05 pm

It was Lynne212.

By the way I have loads of info for anyone who wants to move their pet from the US to the UK as well.

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:39 pm

Thanks, Lynne. It's a short thread:

http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2320

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:05 pm

Guest,

Can you tell us the web site of Stevens? Also, do you have experience shipping a car by any chance?

Thanks!

guest aka Lynne212

Postby guest aka Lynne212 » Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:28 pm

www.stevensworldwide.com

sorry, cant help you with the car. In any case they drive on the other side (the steering wheel is on the right side) in the UK so I wouldnt recommend shipping a car here, unless you plan to drive within Europe which will be the same as the US.

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:56 am

Thanks.

One more question: Can you provide the name of the agent who helped you? Just as there are all types of moving companies, so there are all kinds of agents.

guest aka Lynne212

Postby guest aka Lynne212 » Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:47 pm

John Gotchall is the agent I used at Stevens.
phone: 1 800 316 1065

Return to “Open Community”