mobile

Quick Trip Moving and Storage- Atlanta, GA

Use this forum to report moving scams, and disreputable moving companies

Quick Trip Moving and Storage- Atlanta, GA

Postby Erind5212 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:59 pm

Here is the rough draft that will be sent to all applicable authorities-

When I first retained Quick Trip Moving and Storage in Norcross, GA, everything seemed to indicate that they were a reputable and reliable company. I checked their background, their price was acceptable based on the other quotes that I had obtained. I felt secure and trusted that this company would do everything that they promised to do.

The first job was to be a shipment from Atlanta, GA to Kansas City, MO. The quoted price was $895.00. I was told that this company was a member in good standing with the BBB. I visited the company's website. Their mission statement and guarantee of satisifaction were reassuring.

When the movers came on May 22, 2005 to move my bedroom furniture and other various personal items, I was quite pleased with their level of professionalism. One thing that struck me as odd was that they had a rental truck, not one from their company as I was told that there would be. When I asked about this, I was told that because my items would be moved to storage, they were using a rental truck. This seemed to make sense. I was then told not to worry and that the company had thier own trucks. I asked where my items were to be stored, and I was told that it would be kept in the company's storage unit adjacent to thier business office.

At this point in time, I had been told by the owner and President, Mr. Levy, that their company employed thier own employees to do the moving, had thier own licensed drivers, valid insurance, and storage units.

I called the moving company Thursday June 2nd, 2005 to order the release of my shipment being held in Atlanta. I was informed by Shai that my delivery would be delivered at the provided address in Kansas City, MO on Wednesday June 22nd, 2005 and no later than June 24th, 2005. It was then that I first spoke with Mr. Levy who then guaranteed the delivery and informed me of the remaining $395.00 from the binding price of $895.00 that was due upon delivery.

On Wednesday June 22nd 2005, I called the buisness to book another moving from Charlotte, N.C, to the same delivery address of the Atlanta shipment. They said that they would be able to complete the job for the amount of $1495.00. Shai guaranteed that there would be no extra charges and that everything was included in the cost. I then spoke to Mr. Levy and asked him if my shipment from Atlanta was in transit. He asked me if the shipment from Charlotte was going to the same assress. I told Mr. Levy yes. He then suggested that he ship the two deliveries together.

I asked when I could expect the delivery and he said Monday June 27, 2005. I found this to be acceptable as I would be receving both shipments at once a few days later than what was originally scheduled. We also agreed upon payment of a personal check in the amount of $1000.00 to be sent. I wrote the check on that day and postdated that check for June 27, 2005. I was mailed to the business on June 22, 2005.

On the day of the pick-up, June 23, 2005, in Charlotte, there was a loading dock cleared between the times of 2-3pm in which the move took place. I recevied three phone calls during the time that the movers were on the property. Although I had provided them with a detailed list of all items to be moved, there seemed to be much confusion over what exactly I wanted moved. They repeatdly asked me if I wanted I certain shoe box moved. I asked them if it was on the list to be moved, and I was told no. I then informed them that if it wasn't on the list that I did not want it on their truck.

I was called later that evening to be informed that the delivery went smoothly. I thanked them and once again asked when I could expect my delivery. I was one again assured on Monday. I was contacted again by Mr. Levy shortly after the end of the last conversation. He informed me of charges of fuel, boxes, and long distance moving. I then informed that I was told when booking the delivery that under no circumstance would I any extra charges. He then agreed and said that sometimes this happens.

I asked him about the boxes and he said he had to put the mattress in a box. I told him that I had not authorized this and would prefer them left unboxed. He stated that this was company policy. I asked him to provide this policy in writing, since he had not placed the mattress in the first job from Atlanta in a box. He then agreed to waive that charge.

The long distance moving charge was added because he said that he had to walk a long distance. I refeuted that as well. He would not remove that charge of $150.00. There was another fuel charge of $59.00. I refuted this based upon the guarantee that I had recevied from Shai, and he agreed to remove the charge.

With that settled, Mr. Levy said that he would be in contact with me on Saturday to verify a time for shipment on that Monday. Saturday came and went, so on Sunday, I contacted the company to inquire about the time of delivery. I was then told by Mr. Levy that he would not deliver the goods until he received the personal check. I once again informed him of the date in which the check was mailed. I verified the address and the amount with Mr. Levy. Mr. Levy then informed me that I was a liar and had not sent the check to him. I assured him that I had. I was once again called a liar and was called stupid.

I asked Mr. Levy what course of action should be taken. He told me to get a cashier's check and overnight it to his office. Being that I had already sent the check, I refused. He then told me that he would sell my items. I asked on what grounds and he said that he could and because I was being a difficult customer. He then informed me that I was a horrible and greedy woman. I once again assured him that I had indeed mailed the check. He said that when he recevied the check he would mail my things.

He also stated that if he recevied my check that he would offer me a discount. I asked him in what amount and he said that he would tell me when he recevied the check. I told him that this was not acceptable and I wanted this offer in writing. He refused. That Monday, I called the business repeatedly and could not get in touch with Mr. Levy. When I finally did, he told me that he received the check and apologized for losing his temper at me. He then stated that he would give me a $50.00 discount and have my items on the truck for delivery the next day, Tuesday.

I informed him that because of his remarks, I had stopped payment on the personal check and would do things his way once he presented the contract with the corrected monetary amount. He said that he would not send this via mail, but through fax. He also stated that he would no longer accept a personal check but only a money wire. Upon reciept of the fax, we agreed to wire $1000.00 to Mr. Levy. The contract never came but he said that items would still be shipped.

Today is Thursday, June 29,2005 and my items are still being held in a storage unit in Atlanta. He has withheld items in the shipment from Atlanta for two going on three weeks now. Mr. Levy says that he will not ship my items because he will not make two seperate trips to the same address, although he is dealing with two seperate contracts. He has received payment and deposited payment for $500.00 regarding the Atlanta move. He refuses to release those personal items. He is holding them hostage and has done so for two weeks.

I have since spoken to Mr. Levy and he guaranteed me that my items would be shipped on Tuesday, July 5th. A contract has been emailed to Mr.Levy to ensure that there is no confusion. Mr. Levy agreed that the remaining balance was to be paid upon delivery. I have since had conversations with an employee, Courtney Smith. Her contact information has been included, along with a statement outlining his dishonest business practices, his handling of this shipment, and witness verification of my preceding statement.

After speaking with Courtney, who has since quit working with Quick Trip Moving Company, I found that my personal belongings were being held at a storage unit seperate of the company, at Arc Storage and that Quick Trip Movers did not have a personal storage unit, nor did they have thier own movers. All shipments were delivered via a random contracted moving company, whoever was available. Regarding thier overall business practice, employees, including Courtney are paid cash under the table (no tax reporting ), told to lie to the customers to get thier business, and are told to quote different prices for different people.

Their website www.quicktripmoving.com, says at the bottom of their homepage that they are in fact a member of the Better Business Bureau. According to the BBB, they are not members and they are not in good standing due to unresolved complaints. I also checked the website for FMCSA Motor Carrier. It stated that both the primary and cargo insurance coverage had been cancelled as of 6/18/05. Now added to the list of his misdoings, he is uninsured.

Needless to say, I am extremely worried about my belongings. Statements from his employees, copies of the two contracts, a copy of the contract to guarantee shipment on July 5th, 2005, a copy of each linked page from the companies website, and a copy showing that this company is no longer insured have been provided for your records. I urge local authorities, the FBI, and all other institutions to promptly look into this matter.
Erind5212

Re: Quick Trip Moving and Storage- Atlanta, GA

Postby the phantom » Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:37 am

you stated that you checked their background....but you only found out thatthey were not member of the bbb until after the problems arose....I think the only thing you checked was the price...(low price lousy service....if you forked over a couple opf hundred more, on of us big boys would have handled the move.....thats what u get for being cheap....on u want to complain....to who?...you caused this yourself.....next time hire us as bekins or allied......real movers HA HA
the phantom

Postby Michael » Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:23 pm

Yeah I am sure the phathom actually works for a major. NOT!!!!

Mr. Levy is a known scammer and you fell victim to him. Please register here so that others more in the know can guide you through what is sure to be a long process.
Michael

Forget yourself for others and the others will never forget
Michael

Postby MusicMom » Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:42 pm

Really? Which agent of Allied and Bekins do you work for in Brooklyn? :roll:
MusicMom

Postby Don't Shoot » Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:21 pm

...you can smell that guy's greasy hair from here...

...stupid sack of monkey s***...and "u" should stop typing "on(?)" like a nine year old girl

Erind5212 sorry about your troubles. That moverescue says they have a team of transportation lawyers you can tap into...Good luck
Don't Shoot

Postby jeremy » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:14 pm

I have used Quick trip movers they were the best movers I ever hired.
jeremy

Postby twalker » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:20 pm

How odd. You're posting from Atlanta too. I'm sure it's just coincidence.

Tim Walker
MovingScam.com
twalker
Site Admin

Postby whodt1b » Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:31 pm

Jeremy - owns quick trip along with al and leo. They do suck, illegal workers running all over the place. Atlantic Blvd looks like mexico not a word of english is spoken in the warehouse.
whodt1b

Postby Doug » Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:57 am

Officers

Title: CEO
Name: YIRMIHU TAL
Address: PO BOX 129
NORCROSS GA 30091

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Title: CFO
Name: EYAL LEVY
Address: 6180 ATLANTIC BLVD
SUITE B
NORCROSS GA 30071

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Title: Secretary
Name: LIOR RATSON
Address: 6180 ATLANTIC BLVD
SUITE B
NORCROSS GA 30071

moversweb.com shows a new address

7001 Peach Tree Industrial Blvd. Ste 400-D
Norcross GA-30092
United States

Shows nothing with Jeremy as owner, how is this so, is Jeremy an ALIAS? . Are the other names alias of the ones listed above? Jeremy does seem to frequently comment on all of the postings around the web about the poor service provided by the company.
Doug

Postby MusicMom » Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:04 am

Yeah, I can see "Yirmihu" becoming "Jeremy".
MusicMom

Postby whodat1b » Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:36 pm

Jeremy - Also owns American Nation Express Moving. DOT # 1161124. He is in partership with Al and Leo. That truck the extented cab 2004 or 2005 international belongs to AL. Eyal = Al, Lior = Leo.

They are some bad people they have this spanish dude I can't recall his name but I did alot of his deliveries. He only does long distant pickups, He would use wardrobe boxes and only fill them half way. The boxes will take up alot more space. They would hold up for the pickup and long enough to get away from the customers house. but down the road you know what happens, crush city. Damages the works. He didn't bring down any thing, Tables go as is. Former Quick Trip Employee - and no I am not angry or anything like that. I am just bented out of shape at how they treated people.

You may say damn that whodat1b knows a lot about some of the scammers. Yes I worked for a few of them not knowing, just plain and simple not knowing. But I know now I am also working in a warehouse for a major food chain, Because it is hard to get back in the industry.
whodat1b

Postby tal » Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:45 am

If you know so much about us why don't you tell me your name and we will see your true face.
Thanks
TAL
whodat1b wrote:Jeremy - Also owns American Nation Express Moving. DOT # 1161124. He is in partership with Al and Leo. That truck the extented cab 2004 or 2005 international belongs to AL. Eyal = Al, Lior = Leo.

They are some bad people they have this spanish dude I can't recall his name but I did alot of his deliveries. He only does long distant pickups, He would use wardrobe boxes and only fill them half way. The boxes will take up alot more space. They would hold up for the pickup and long enough to get away from the customers house. but down the road you know what happens, crush city. Damages the works. He didn't bring down any thing, Tables go as is. Former Quick Trip Employee - and no I am not angry or anything like that. I am just bented out of shape at how they treated people.

You may say damn that whodat1b knows a lot about some of the scammers. Yes I worked for a few of them not knowing, just plain and simple not knowing. But I know now I am also working in a warehouse for a major food chain, Because it is hard to get back in the industry.
tal

Postby Iknowyou » Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:57 am

just in case don't you work for AAA VAN Lines, I think i know I will let Quick trip movers to know hwo you are!!!!!
whodat1b wrote:Jeremy - Also owns American Nation Express Moving. DOT # 1161124. He is in partership with Al and Leo. That truck the extented cab 2004 or 2005 international belongs to AL. Eyal = Al, Lior = Leo.

Iknowyou

Postby whodat1b » Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:22 am

There is an old American saying "A Hit Dog will Hollar" You boys got your feelings hurt? Think about all of the people that you guys stiffed, you are listed on Movingscam.com, ripoffreport.com and you just make craigslist.com.

Don't get mad or upset, just do better. that's what this site is about. Just do better.
You say you want to see my face. for what. That is the same thing the people all over the country say, I just want to see your face (AL) I just want to see your face as you raise my bill by over $1,500. Then you hang the phone up and leave the driver there to deal with the pissed off customer.

And to AAA VAN LINES. You cocksuckers were right down the street from al and leo before they moved. So don't say shit to me, you clowns. traded drivers and helpers like baseball cards.
whodat1b

Postby whodat1b » Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:13 am

The Pickup driver's name is Fernando.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff212023.htm
whodat1b

Next

Return to Report A Scam