mobile

Feedback requested on "Mark the Mover", Atlanta,GA

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.

Feedback requested on "Mark the Mover", Atlanta,GA

Postby V Moving » Sun May 15, 2005 2:03 pm

Hello,

Do anyone has a current experience with "Mark the Mover" in Atlanta. We are moving locally in Atlanta about 8 miles apart 2 BR to 3 BR. I checked the safersys.org bbb.org websites and everything looks good on the surface. When I called they said they have a 2-hr. minimum with 1 hr paid upfront. I don't want to give my credit card yet without checking this forum.

Are they reliable movers? Last time I moved the movers ripped me off for 12 hrs charge for 4-people (FYI, the last move was 8-miles too form 3BR to 2BR and the movers absolutely were VERY VERY SLOW and even times disappearing. They were very unprofessional too. Unfortunately I didn't keep their name and didn't know of this website that time.

Anyways, just checking in to see if there is anything I should be doing not to get ripped off and to see if anyone used "Mark the Mover" in Atlanta and can give me some feedback.

Thanks you all for the wonderful work you are doing here. Without this website I would be lost forever.

Thanks, V.
V Moving

Re: Feedback requested on "Mark the Mover", Atlant

Postby MusicMom » Sun May 15, 2005 8:37 pm

I see you already posted onthe other thread, but "rjennings" was thrilled with them. I remember helping him search through several reports, and he was extra-thorough.

What you could so, since he is a member, is sign up and send him a PM. The default setting will send a reminder email to the person's regular email account, letting them know they have a Private Message and to come here and check it out. If he's still using the same account, he might come back and be able to get in touch with you for information.
MusicMom

Postby v_moving » Mon May 16, 2005 2:48 pm

musicmom - thanks for the tip.

I just Pm'ed rjennings and will update you once he responds.

Thanks, V.
v_moving

Postby v_moving » Mon May 16, 2005 7:02 pm

Hello Music Mom,

I just got a reply from rjennings and this is what he has to say -

V.,
==============
rjennings worte -

My experience with Mark the Mover went very well. I forgot the name of two guys who helped me move (Jevon & George --I think). They came on time and the move was completed roughly under 2 hrs. As one person moving, I didn't have a lot of stuff. The possiblity of having no couch or sofa might have help facilitate a quick move.

Nevertheless, they were professional and they got the job done. I paid half up front and the remainder after the move was complete. I recommend them. Some Moving companies I was going to use was eliminated thanks to this web forum and Music Mom - saving me undo charges and heartache.
===================================
So, I guess I am going with "Mark the Mover". Will post my experience once my move is done.
v_moving

Postby TxGyrl » Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:38 pm

You may have already moved, but if not, I used them last month with no problems. The first person I talked to did not mention that one-hour upfront was required so when I objected, they waived that. They just asked that I please not stand them up or cancel at the last minute, which I didn't. I would absolutely recommend them and use them again.
TxGyrl

Mark the mover - excellent! (atlanta, ga)

Postby nullset » Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:41 am

I was moving intown and mark the mover did an excellent job. They showed up on time (and even called to say they were on the way). They did an excellent job of wrapping and padding everything. There were no add-on charges - what I paid is what I was quoted ($120/hr for three guys). They probably could've used four guys to help move the piano up the stairs, but myself and one other guy helped out and it was fine.

They worked hard and I didn't feel like they were dragging their feet at to take longer. Thanks for the recommendation movingscam.com :)

--buddy
nullset

Return to Open Community