mobile

Recommend a mover from GA to OH

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.

Re: Recommend a mover from GA to OH

Postby 2scared2move » Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:51 pm

Diane wrote:Yes, Atlas' Assured Price Protection quote is the same as a GNTE. See this post where I talk about terminology - http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtop ... 5876#45876

I tried a search on the website with Assured Price Protection and found a lot of results but nothing relevant. Then googling the same thing showed me your sticky.

Diane wrote:Out of curiosity, who told you not to go with the agents (I assume you mean agents of major van lines) and what reason did they give?

Actually one of the moving compaby guys I was dealing with told me not to go with the Agents. I think it was White Glove Moving and Storage. He actually said that we were direct movers and to check them out in safersys.org etc. So i checked them out here later and found them in the blacklist.
2scared2move

Postby Diane » Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:56 pm

How interesting that the scammers are saying that. So they are the "direct" movers and the agents of major van lines are inferior because they won't deliver people's things themselves. Ha! What the scammers don't tell people is that they are far from "direct"--many farm out the shipments to other companies and most have long delivery delays, I mean like weeks.
Diane

Postby Guest 2 » Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:08 pm

I am glad to see 2scared2move went with a van line. People don't know this, but once an honest moving company commits to a move, they usually are desperately looking for moves to the same location. I have a truck going to California next week, and I just gave a customer a huge discount because I know the additional cost for 2,000 lbs. are very small. This doesn't work with scam movers, because they will make the customer wait until the truck gets filled.
Guest 2

Postby EastCoastMover » Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:09 pm

in regards to the yellow page ads,the less than honest fellows that we all deal with from time to time in this business feel that since they have no intention of paying the yellow page ad costs from the beginning,bigger is better..if you are gonna stiff em why screw around..once the book comes out,the ad is there for a year whether you paid the bill or not....
EastCoastMover

Previous

Return to Open Community