any recommendations for a move to india

A forum for questions and helpful information and advice about international moves and moving companies.
moving2india

any recommendations for a move to india

Postby moving2india » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:44 am

has anyone moved to india recently? Any suggestions? Which moving company did you use?

hxs88121

Re: any recommendations for a move to india

Postby hxs88121 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:28 pm

i recently moved to India from Michigan..

i used Stevens van Lines,michigan..

highly professional service. good packaging of the material,hve a good mover in india..competitive rates..

please dont go for the lowest bidder...make sure u get a quote from the sales after looking at the items..

i tried 6 other companies..but the only company that made me feel comfortable with the rates & service was stevens van lines..thnx to this website,,
good luck..

moving2india

Postby moving2india » Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:39 pm

thanks for the info..where in india did u move to?

hxs88121

Postby hxs88121 » Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:10 am

chennai..how abt u?

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:19 pm

delhi

move_from_md

Postby move_from_md » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:09 am

Hello everbody,

Thanks a lot for all the posts. This forum has a lot of very helpful information!!

We are planning to move from MD to New Delhi, India and we have quotes from Stevens and Allied and one other company.

We have so far had a good exp with both Allied and Stevens (Jill Lickey). we have to make a final decision by the end of the day today and I wanted to get some last minute advice.

Can the previous "guest" who moved to New Delhi with Stevens tell us how his/her exp was?

Anybody else who had any exp with stevens or Allied, Please let me know what you think. Stevens has gotten a high score on this website but I wanted to ask again since its such a big move for us.

thanks for all your help

roshan1

Postby roshan1 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:30 pm

Whatever you do.... DO NOT use Sky2Sea.

He hires cheap workers who bash your goods about. YOu make a payment for the Insurance.... he doesn't post it - stays hanging.

I arranged for a move with them to go to Atlanta, they arrived 8 hours late - lucky I was all packed - they took the stuff in 2 different vans so you don't know if everything made it to one container. I had to store the stuff till I bought a home in Atlanta - which never happened, I came back and asked delivery. The movers took all day and complained a lot saying the deliver route was difficult and broke a number of things. I lost my job due to this as I couldn't get back to work to meet deadlines and on top of it the guy never put my insurance forward so I wasn't covered apparently. He converted the amount to rent in storage and then would not take phonecalls nor send the invoice to pay.

A year later he literally just contacted me to say I hadn't cleared the outstanding invoice.... needless to say I gave him a mouth and went thru the whole trauma of sorting things out. We went even in the end - no claims on either side - but EXTREMELY stressful The owner who I dealt with was Tarun Tandon.

Return to “International Moves”