Falls Church Virginia to Charlotte NC - My story so far

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Unclejesse

Falls Church Virginia to Charlotte NC - My story so far

Postby Unclejesse » Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:44 pm

I just wanted to let people know about my move and give my feedback so far. My move isnt until May 10.

Here are the companies I contacted (Thanks Musicmom for your help)

-Von Paris, United Agent
-Hilldrup, also United
-Victory Van Corp, Allied agent
-JK Moving, independant
-Moyer & Sons, independant

So far the only company that came to my house to give me an inperson estimate was Hilldrup. Victory Van Corp. offered to come by after they heard what the quote that Hilldrup gave me :)

JK and Moyer gave me a phone estimate.

Von Paris did not call me back after I filled out the form on their website :shock:

All the prices are very close ($3900 - $4400) with full replacement coverage and zero deductable. This also includes a full pack.

Right now I think I will go with Hilldrup (United agent) since they are the only ones to come to my house for an inperson estimate. They also gave me a guaranteed, not-to-exceed quote which I like.

I will keep everyone updated.

Thanks!

MusicMom

Re: Falls Church Virginia to Charlotte NC - My story so far

Postby MusicMom » Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:43 am

You might want to call Von Paris, perhaps their website quotes aren't given the same priorities as a person's voice.

Im confused as to why Victory said your business depended on Hilldrup's quote. Are they trying to get out of doing work, or too busy to spend time at your place? I'd tell that person you are no longer considering thier business. That's just rude.

I think you would have a great move with Hilldrup.

Re: Falls Church Virginia to Charlotte NC - My story so far

Postby Guest » Tue May 02, 2006 4:57 pm

Thanks so much. The packers are coming on Monday and the truck is coming on Tuesday. I cant wait.

The guy from Victory VanCorp. did offer to come by, but, he was very curious to know what the quote from Hilldrup was first. I think he was trying to save himself a trip if he couldnt beat it :)

Return to “Open Community”