mobile

IntlMove or Trans Global Moving?

A forum for questions and helpful information and advice about international moves and moving companies.

IntlMove or Trans Global Moving?

Postby FlyingFish » Mon May 15, 2006 2:34 pm

I have got quotes form both IntlMove and Trans Global Moving for our move from USA to Singapore. Would appreciate if anyone could comment on these two companies.
FlyingFish

Re: IntlMove or Trans Global Moving?

Postby MusicMom » Mon May 15, 2006 3:41 pm

IntlMove appears OK with a quick glance. At least they are licensed.

As for Trans Global Moving, their track record seems a little worse for wear. One customer complained, then Trans Global came on to say that person was lying (a common reply when one's company has been complained about). HardAtWork did some background searching and found there to be no reason for the excuses Trans Global was giving for the shipment falling through. Trans Global stopped responding after that.

http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6551
MusicMom

Postby Guest » Tue May 16, 2006 7:53 am

Thanks MusicMom :)

I have also checked with Sterling. Since my company prefers to use a credit card I might have to go with them since intl and Global only take checks.

Postby hardatwork » Tue May 16, 2006 8:26 am

Sterling is not a FMC OTI Licensed international mover. We do not recommend you use an unlicensed mover as you have less protection as a consumer.

The other companies list in the Sticky all have licenses and have good reveiws here on the website.

I am not sure if they accept credit cards or not.

If you moving international you should go to the Federal Maritime Comssion, federal agency that protects consumers on ocean transportation. Visit their website at www.fmc.gov. They have a section for those moving international household goods.

Good luck with the move.
hardatwork

Postby FlyingFish » Tue May 16, 2006 4:43 pm

Thanks hardatwork for your info

After few phone calls I have decided to go with Stevens. They have good reviews and take credit cards (expense account credit card). They will do a pre-move survey and before my expected pickupdate (24th May). Will post with the results once its all over.

/cheers
FlyingFish

Postby Guest2 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:41 pm

Got this from the fmc website
Org. No. 020009
License No. 020009F
Name ARNOLD MOVING COMPANY, LLC
Freight Forwarder STERLING INTERNATIONAL

Does this mean that Sterling is FMC OTI Licensed international mover now?

hardatwork wrote:Sterling is not a FMC OTI Licensed international mover. We do not recommend you use an unlicensed mover as you have less protection as a consumer.

The other companies list in the Sticky all have licenses and have good reveiws here on the website.

I am not sure if they accept credit cards or not.

If you moving international you should go to the Federal Maritime Comssion, federal agency that protects consumers on ocean transportation. Visit their website at www.fmc.gov. They have a section for those moving international household goods.

Good luck with the move.
Guest2

Postby MusicMom » Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:20 pm

Yes, Sterling is licensed now.
MusicMom

Postby shadow107@hotmail.com » Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:02 pm

I have been BADLY burnt by Intl Move. Received a quote for a mve from maine to Ausralia, which doubled after they loaded my stuff and had it in storage. I had no choice but paying, since i was in australia already at the time. the container they recommended was way to small, so they got to charge me t he overload fee, which is double of what a regular fee is. IntlMove was not willing to negotiate at all and hung up on me severeal times.
PLEASE DO NOT GO WITH INTLMOVE I then contacted Sterling Intnl in Louisville, KY who did the job smoothly.
shadow107@hotmail.com

Postby Adam M » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:35 pm

I would NOT use INTLMOVE. I used them for a move from US to Australia and found them to be completely untrustworthy. They added fees to my account after it had been picked up and the amount checked. In addition they said they sent me emails that i did not receieve, at either of the 2 email addresses i gave them. When i tried to call them, I would be put through to a voicemail to leave a message and i would get a terse email in return stating that i need to pay the fees or my goods would not be delivered. Furthermore, while i tried to get to the bottom of the additional fees (by asking for background for the additional payments) they added late payment fees to my account.
I could not have had a worse moving experience. DO NO USE INTLMOVE.
Adam M

Postby hardatwork » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:04 pm

You should file a formal complaint with the Federal Maritime Commission, the US Federal Agency the protects shippers interest regarding shipment via ocean freight into and out of the US.

Go to www.fmc.gov and file your complaint they might be able to assist you even after the fact.

Thank you for posting here any reply you receive from the FMC
hardatwork

Postby karoline » Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:43 pm

After having read all the complaints about IntlMove I did some more investigations. They claim on their web site that they are an AMSA member. I called AMSA and was told that they are not.

I have already sent a deposit to IntlMove which I want to get back and cancel my international move with them. They told me deposits are non-refundable but that is nothing that I ever agreed to with my siganture. Anything I can do to get my money back? Talking on the phone to them they tried to patronize me and didn't care about me threatening with a lawyer.
karoline

Postby MusicMom » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:09 pm

Nowhere on any paper you signed does it say your deposit is non-refundable? How did you pay for this deposit? If by credit card, dispute the charge. If not, I can help you draft a letter to send to IntlMove and copy to other agencies demanding your money back, as the deposit policy was not posted anywhere you signed.

Did the AMSA say they'd look into IntlMove's claim? I see in two places on their website that they tout the membership as you said.
MusicMom

Postby karoline » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:12 pm

AMSA said if IntlMove is not a member hey won't act on this. I asked for written confirmation that what they said on the phone, IntlMove not being a member, is correct.

I paid by check that has been cashed. So if you could help me draft a letter that would be just fabulous.
karoline

Postby hardatwork » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:32 pm

I would also discuss with the Federal Maritime Commission at www.fmc.gov to see if they would be willing to intercede on your behalf as well!
hardatwork

Postby karoline » Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:45 pm

Thanks. I have contacted FMC and they are looking into it.
karoline

Next

Return to International Moves