mobile

Review of Prager Movers - Naperville, IL (Chicago land)

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.

Review of Prager Movers - Naperville, IL (Chicago land)

Postby Guest » Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:45 pm

Since people mentioned no one has reveiwed them yet, here is a review of my move from Chicago to Raleigh, NC.

I contacted them two weeks in advance, and told them I had 2200 lbs of stuff. They gave me a quote for 3000 lb minimum. The quote was the highest of the three I received (Jackson and Planes, as well), but only by about $300. I went with them because they gave me a really good time frame (pickup on the 1st, drop off between 5th and 7th)--when I moved in the 5th.

They showed up to pick stuff up earlier than than they told me, and were quick and did a good job.

I received a call while I was still driving to Raleigh that my stuff would arrive between 10-12 on the 5th. It arrived at 10:30, and stuff was onloaded in about an hour. I didn't purchase insurance. The top of a small dresser was gouged/scracthed a little, but I think I can sand and re-stain it. A garbage can and a couple glasses were cracked, too. Nothing major. I can't say I was as crazy about the movers from North American Van Lines that unloaded my stuff (but they were very prompt!), but the guys from Prager did a great job.

And also, the final bill was $500 cheaper, since my load was only 2200 lbs.

So a good review for making a relocation a lot less hectic than it could have been.

Re: Review of Prager Movers - Naperville, IL (Chicago land)

Postby Diane » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:53 pm

Thanks for this good report, which is our first review of a completed move with Prager. That's an extremely good delivery time - 4 days after pickup. I guess when a company uses its own trucks and drivers, as Prager almost always does, it can perform well like that. I'll add this to our summary thread linked to below.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.
Diane

Return to Open Community