mobile

Standard for Tipping in NY Metro Area and Long Island

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.

Standard for Tipping in NY Metro Area and Long Island

Postby pm » Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:06 pm

Hello,

Does anyone know what the standard tip would be to the moving guys on an interstate move from NY to NJ?

Thanks.
pm

Re: Standard for Tipping in NY Metro Area and Long Island

Postby Diane » Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:15 pm

You could ask this question of some of the companies that have given you quotes.

I don't want to get this off topic, but are you the person who posted this on another thread?
I moved from West LA to the Bronx, NY and I used Western Relocations, Inc. "Don Pichetto", Agents for Paul Arpin. I was a great move, except for when I got to NY no one realized I needed a shuttle because 18-wheelers can't get under the "L" in the Bronx.

If so, I wonder whether you could tell me whether the company moved you using its own truck and driver all the way to the Bronx (rather than a driver for Paul Arpin Van Lines). I would like to add your review to my summary post on CA. How did the cost compare with your other estimates, do you recall? Who or what is Don Pichetto--is that the name of the sales rep for Western Relo?
Diane

Re: Standard for Tipping in NY Metro Area and Long Island

Postby PM » Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:23 pm

Yes, that Original question about tipping was from me.

I was moved by a Paul Arpin Truck. Don Pichetto was the sales rep. for Western Relocations, Inc. and I really liked him, but he should have asked the question or researched if I needed a shuttle. When I got to the Bronx, I had no one to unload me. We saw some guys down the block moving in someone else and we paid them to help us. My husband and the Driver split the cost to have the stuff moved into the house. Western refunded some of the money to my husband, but not all. I don't remember how much.

I can't remember was my other quotes were because this happend in July 2003 and I only have the paperwork for Western Relocations.

Hopes this helps.
PM

Return to Open Community