Local MA move: Billerica to Dracut

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
rassha

Local MA move: Billerica to Dracut

Postby rassha » Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:53 am

Hi,

I am back with yet another move....last year, I used this forum to find movers from Nutley, NJ to Billerica, MA and this year, I am in search of recommended movers for a local move from Billerica to Dracut...about 10 miles apart but still in need of movers who are professional, reliable and will not damage our things. All Star worked out great last year and I appreciated the feedback from movingscam.com and Diane's assistance. This year, I am looking for the same help. I have noticed some discussion on Benny's, Nick's, Marathon Movers, and Gentle Giant, and I was hoping that there was a summary for all similar to the NYC summary that Diane did for epinions.com...any feedback would be great. Our closing date is August 29, so I am just getting an early start.

Thanks in advance.

MusicMom

Re: Local MA move: Billerica to Dracut

Postby MusicMom » Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:34 am

Then you'll love this, Diane's been very busy.
http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtop ... 7599#57599

rassha

Postby rassha » Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:30 pm

Thanks. I have contacted Benny's and Marathon Movers. While Marathon Movers are slightly higher, I did not like the vibe I recieved from the Benny agent on the phone. The search will continue....the posting from Diane is great.

Diane

Postby Diane » Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:07 pm

Hi - I never meant to give the impression that Benny's was good; I was just reporting that some people have used it for local moves in the past. I hope that you'll decide on Marathon instead.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

rassha

Postby rassha » Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:37 pm

Hi Diane,

I knew Benny's was questionable when I called from your reviews and a thread I saw in regards to Benny's posting their own positive reviews. I was just thinking about my pockets until I called them...I am also checking out Big Foot Movers...I will keep you posted on my experiences. This website is truly great! Keep up the great work!

Marsha

rassha

Postby rassha » Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:21 am

Okay our move is completed. We ended up going with Marathon Movers, and I truly have no complaints. I was slightly thrown with the Budget Rental van that pulled up instead of a "Marathon Mover" van, but the 3 guys (Cameron, Gabe and Johnnie) were great. It did take them 8 hours which I was shocked by, especially since it was a move from a 2 bedroom, 3rd floor (elevator) complex to a single family home...and at 165 an hour that added up quickly. They seemingly did not have enough dollies and took about an 2 hours total on the master bedroom bed...but other than that they were good. I would use them again and would definately recommened them in the future.

Thanks,
Marsha

Diane

Postby Diane » Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:48 am

Hello again, Marsha - thanks so much for this review of Marathon in Boston (our first), which I'll add to our review thread.

The time for your move does sound about an hour too long but maybe they were charging for travel time to and/or from their warehouse (?). I would have expected more in the neighborhood of 7 hours if you had about 5000 pounds.

When I helped my daughter move in Denver recently the guys showed up in a Penske truck, so I don't think using rental trucks is too unusual in the summer. Some of these small companies have only one or two trucks of their own.

troberts

Big Foot Movers

Postby troberts » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:39 pm

has anyone heard anything about Big Foot Movers for local move in and around Boston?

Diane

Postby Diane » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:49 pm

Click on the link below my name and scroll down to "Massachusetts" and then down to Independent Moving Companies at the end. Bottom line: I think they are good.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

Return to “Open Community”