mobile

review of suddath, deerfield beach, fl

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.

review of suddath, deerfield beach, fl

Postby natinstl » Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:56 pm

I got a quote from Allied (AAA Gold Coast) and Suddath in Deerfield Bch, Fl. They were both within $100 of each other, but Suddath offered me a Binding not to exceed quote and Allied only offered a binding quote. I was comfortable with both reps. Suddath's Mayflower driver showed up on the 15th of July as promisedat 8:30am. A nice man named Art Brown from Ohio. Communication from Vicki in the office was very good. He had two loaders with him and they were done with both my condo and my storage unit down the road by noon. The loaders made fun of how cautious the driver was, but I told them I'd rather he be cautious then not. Due to the fact that I was leaving to move from Florida to Seattle the driver had to wait until the 20th to leave Florida because he was picking up a load in Tampa going to Vancouver. That was fine with me since I was driving out anyway and wouldn't be in Seattle until the 25th. They promised he would arrive by the 27th and he did. He called the day before to tell me where he was and that he'd meet me at 9am the next morning. I loaded everything into a storage unit in Seattle since we're downsizing until we by a home, but all the boxes, furniture etc... were accounted for and looked fine. He and another loader emptied it into two storage units for me,which was nice. I was trying to divide the stuff we were coming to get later and the stuff we were leaving in storage. The rep had estimated 6100pds and it actually only came in at 3740pds so I'll be interested to see what my refund will be. I paid by credit card so Vicki in the office said I wouldn't see a credit until their accounting office got the driver's paperwork. Hopefully it won't be long. All in all I had a pretty stress free experience and was happy with the move.
natinstl

Re: review of suddath, deerfield beach, fl

Postby BigLeeCalif » Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:13 pm

Did you book your move with the Mayflower or United side of Suddath?

Mayflower has been criticized in the past, and I am glad this was a positive review of their driver Art Brown and his crew.

I'm sure Suddath would appreciate a card praising the crew, and I'm sure they will forward it to the Art's agency.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain
BigLeeCalif

Postby natinstl » Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:31 pm

I did book with the United side, but Art from Mayflower was the only driver heading from West Palm to Washington state.
natinstl

Postby Diane » Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:00 pm

Thanks for this and I'll add it to the other good reviews of Suddath in Deerfield Beach. Vicki has been mentioned favorably here before. I wonder which Mayflower agent Art Brown drives for (?).
Diane

Postby BigLeeCalif » Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:43 pm

if we can get the order Number I can find out which agency

Or if she has copies of the weight tickets or bill of lading, the drivers number will be shown where driver #, truck and trailer # is. the 4 digit number preceding the vehicle number is the agency #. By agency number I can track the driver's agency.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain
BigLeeCalif

Return to Open Community