mobile

Broadway Express move

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.

Broadway Express move

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:08 am

I am looking for a mover and after seeing the good reviews want to get a quote from BE. But their website is not working . Any suggestions or an 800 number. this makes me a little nervous.

Re: Broadway express website not working???

Postby Diane » Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:22 am

Their Internet service provider may be having problems. Their phone numbers are 800-962-6683 and 217-347-5900, But they are closed on weekends and won't answer their phones until Monday. Here is an illustrated brochure that explains what the company is all about:
http://www.movingscam.com/images/offsit ... s-0102.pdf
Diane

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:52 pm

Thank You For the quick response.

I checked this morning and the site was back online. We are excited about moving and will contact Broadway early next week once our plans are firmed up as one of our considerations. I am curious as to how wide the trailer is and do they offer any lift gate trucks? Id also love to load a trailer I have but its wide.

Mostly Thank You for starting and maintaining this site it offers a beacon of light in the dark world of moving .

Postby Diane » Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:21 pm

What a lovely thing to say, and I will bring it to the attention of the person who started the website (Tim Walker). The consumers and moving industry people who volunteer here receive no monetary compensation so we are always glad to have nice comments like yours to keep us going!

In answer to your question, BE's trailers are a little more than 8 feet wide on the inside (standard width) so I doubt whether your own trailer would fit. Some of them have liftgates but I don't think they can promise that.
Diane

Postby MominTexas » Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:38 pm

We packed out today with BE!! I have some photos--will download later today. Awesome job by my emovers and my driver & my friends/family. Have some adventures to share later.
MominTexas

Postby MusicMom » Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:41 pm

Who is your driver? Did you hire him to help load (and apologies if it's not a Him)?
MusicMom

Postby MominTexas » Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:43 pm

Our driver is Marie Enochs. She and her little dog Cherokee . . . My emovers were 3 gentlemen from L&M movers in El Paso. So far, so good. I have photos I took on the truck and of the truck. Going out to eat now, but will post them a bit later. I hired Marie as the "Loadmaster." Paid $40 for 2.5 hours of loading.
MominTexas

Postby Mom in Texas » Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:36 am

Marie, our mover, was very impressed by the local helpers I hired through emove. She said she hasn't had such great help in a very long time. They worked together as a team. After doing all the researching from the site, I had packed everything myself, so it was an "easy move" according to the guys I hired to just load the pre-packed & wrapped goods--they were amazed. I read all of the tips for moving--even bought a few of my own moving pads and "moving man" huge rubber bands to hold them in place. I purchased boxes from both the online store endorsed by the site and the local UPS store. It was an intense experience to pack it all virtually alone, but it gave me some peace of mind and a sense of control, plus saving a lot of money.

I offered Marie $60 for her help, but she refused more than $40.00. I paid each mover a $20 tip & spent $75 per hr for the 3 of them, plus $30 for transportation (flat fee). They worked for 3.5 hours loading and did a great job. Our friend/helpers brought pastries & donuts for the movers to enjoy, & my spouse purchased fresh Mexican breakfast burritos. The frig was open to all with soda pop and ice water.

We used a little less than the 22 feet that I had booked on the truck, but it was worth it.

Marie, our driver & crew from L&M in El Paso: Shawn, Chris, and Major
(FYI--old tee shirts on chairs--just one of my ideas for trying to reduce scratches & "recycle" the clothes)

Broadway Express truck, loading in progress

here's the truck in front of our house--just to give an idea of the length

I had some of my own moving blankets, but as you can see there were many NEW ones available. My local guys and Marie worked together as an awesome team.

Loading in progress

My spouse, pitching in . . .

My friends & family helped make this move go smoothly
Mom in Texas

Postby MominTexas » Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:42 pm

Hi, all--We are finally getting settled in our new home. The closing dates of the two homes made it difficult. Our goods arrived in Illinois 6 days after the pick up in Texas and within the window of delivery. My emovers assisted on arrival as we placed the items in storage (I have more photos & will share with Diane to post them). The first two emovers were nice guys, but the company owner was a jerk to deal with, so when we were ready to move into the house 8 days later, I selected another emove company with superior service--again just 2 guys. I can't overlook the friends and family who were instrumental in helping make the move successful on both ends. On the arrival end, my 80 yr old Dad & 15 year old son helped Marie (our mover) and myself get the ramps on & start offloading until the moving helpers arrived (late). On move-in day, my brother & dad arrived in Dad's pick-up; my spouse used his pick-up and my son helped load up at the storage place while I helped unload at home. The whole process took 4 hours.

Hey, I have to thank you for the packing advice. Can you believe that nothing was lost--and only one thing was broken. The glass that I removed from my dining room hutch has 5 sections (the 3 front doors and the two side pieces). I and my son carefully used flat boxes, bubble wrap, and other sturdy cardboard covered with lots of shrink wrap to pad them. All was fine until the very last day. My son heard a crack when a box was placed on top of this item (marked VERY FRAGILE). Just one small top corner of one "side piece" was broken and I was able to still assemble it and mend it with tape for the moment.

(Heavy sigh). It has been A LOT of work.
MominTexas

Postby Mom in Texas » Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:10 am

Here are some more photos of my move with Broadway Express.

The BE truck arriving at our temp storage

Myself and Marie Enochs, the driver

Marie's dog Cherokee

The empty storage locker with me in it

The full storage locker

The extra storage I had to rent since the first eMove guys packed loose in the big space

My family in Illinois who helped get the furniture to the house a week later

Too bad that I rated my first company from eMove.com, Mr. Sims (4 stars), before I spoke with him that last time by phone. I had even tipped the guys since I knew I'd be using them again the next week. I noticed yesterday that he's had some other lukewarm reviews lately--what goes around comes around. Here's the post where I described my experience with him - http://www.movingscam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9677

The second emover in Illinois that I used has 5 stars all the way across, but didn't catch my eye the first time, since it wasn't available on the day of my move. Its name is "Moving Solutions and Boxes." It's based in Litchfield, Illinois and services anywhere from Springfield, IL to St. Louis, Mo. That company was very good . . . the owner explained that the emove reviews are essential to doing business for Mr. Sims--that's his only method of attracting business, whereas "Moving Solutions and Boxes" is well-established and doesn't really care, since the emove website take 15% right off the top of the job. That's the reason Mr. Sims wanted me to book the job directly through him, AND wanted me to only book his guys for two hours---so he could recognize a greater profit.
Mom in Texas

Re: Broadway Express move

Postby jhugh4 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:01 pm

Hi,
This is Joshua from Sims. We were not late and even if we were by your own admission it would have only been fifteen minutes. We were there when we were told to be there. In regards to Moving Solutions and Boxes I would like to note that this company was not licensed or insured or established in fact they are no longer in business in the state of illinois. In regards to our reviews we have had fairly sterling reviews throughout the life of our company with the exception of few here and there. If you want to learn what really happened reference my response to her review of our Co.
joshua
jhugh4

Return to Open Community