Researching moving companies can be overwhelming, time consuming, and not everyone has the desire to learn how to research movers. Now, you can leave that up to us!
Beginning in 2021, MovingScam.com will be offering license and insurance verification service. For just $10 each, we will research the license and insurance information of up to three companies, and provide you with a detailed report of what we’ve found.
Here’s what we’ll provide to you:
- Verify that that the company’s DOT and MC licenses are valid and current
- Verify that the company is authorized to perform household goods moves
- Verify that the company is authorized for interstate moves
- Check if the company is part of a van line
- Check if the company a broker
- Verify “Common” and “Contract” authority are current and active
- Verify the company has required insurance filed with the FMCSA and provide BIPD coverage amount
- Company physical and mailing address
- DUNS number, if available
- Number of power units and drivers, if known.