Moving from NYC to Denver and I have a huge wardrobe, Halp plz

A forum for questions and information about packing, loading and other helpful tips (not related to researching or selecting moving companies).
AurturoJane

Moving from NYC to Denver and I have a huge wardrobe, Halp plz

Postby AurturoJane » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:54 am

So I'm moving from NYC to Denver in like two weeks. I usually have a luggage piece that is HUGE and can store pretty much store for lack of a better term, a shit ton. But I left it in Denver because I didn't want to pay for an empty checked bag. Cut to me now, foolish and wanting to use it. I'm looking to fit what I can in the biggest checked bag, carry on bag, and personal bag. I got my original luggage for a steal at as goodwill, but I was wondering if there are some other hints, tips, or ticks to flying with a lot of wardrobe. The biggest thing I've seen people use are giant trashbags fillets with what I assume are clothes. Should I ship stuff for a flat rate if I can? Thanks for the help!

JoeWest

Re: Moving from NYC to Denver and I have a huge wardrobe, Halp plz

Postby JoeWest » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:36 pm

Maybe have it shipped somehow.

There's a moving company in suburban Denver that does a lot of trips east. They might be able to fit your load on one of their trucks if they have a little extra room on one of their moves to NYC area. Cost is minimal since they're already making the trip.

Company is in Aurora. Here is their website: https://www.auroracomoving.com

Nanoni

Re: Moving from NYC to Denver and I have a huge wardrobe, Halp plz

Postby Nanoni » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:32 pm

I would look into shipping it. A lot of airlines have limits on the size and amount of things you can take along with you and it would be a real pain to learn that at the airport. Look into whatever airline you're using and see what their restrictions are and just have it shipped to Denver.

Return to “Helpful Moving Information”