Boston to Phoenix

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
Ryan

Boston to Phoenix

Postby Ryan » Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:57 pm

Hello,

I am moving from Boston to Phoenix at the end of February. I have been in contact with Atlantic Relocation Systems in Phoenix and seem to be off to a good start.

Their quote is $3100 for ~4000lbs. Does this seem reasonable?

Also, they have given us a 5-19 day window of when our items will arrive in Phoenix. That seems like a very large window and they have said they cannot be any more precise until the day the driver arrives to load us up. Is this typical?

These boards are an amazing resource, thanks in advance for any advice!

Ryan

MusicMom

Re: Boston to Phoenix

Postby MusicMom » Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:15 pm

This is the Atlas agent, right?

Can you list what that $3100 includes?

Ryan

Postby Ryan » Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:37 pm

Hello,

Yes, this quote of 3100 was by for Atlantic Relocation Systems of Phoenix, AZ and cover these items, from their paperwork:

1 bed, double
1 bookcase, small
7 breakfast chairs
1 entertainment center
1 footlocker
1 ironing oard
1 rug small
1 sofa
1 table large
1 vacuum cleaner
11 carton, 3.0 pbo
1 carton, 6.0 pbo
4 mirror ctn pbo
2 mattress double
1 bed queen 1 bookcase small
2 breakfast talbe
1 desk computer
1 fireplace equiptment
1 footstool
1 lamp
1 rug large
1 table small
1 tv portable
12 carton 1.5 pbo
15 carton 4.5 pbo
4 carton books
2 wardrobe pbo
2 mattress qn/king

Many thanks,

Ryan

Diane

Postby Diane » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:17 pm

So the Atlas agent in Phoenix let you submit a list of items by email and they based their quote on that list? Was it a Binding quote (Assured Price Protection-APP) or a Binding Not to Exceed quote (APP with GRR), or was it a Nonbinding quote that will go up or down with the final weight?

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:58 pm

I just noticed that neither of us thought to ask how the Phoneix agent was going to get your stuff for you in Boston. Do they have an origin agent working with them (probably) and if so, can they come to do an on-site estiamte for greater accuracy?

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:39 pm

Hello,

They did send an agent to my house, that is what the inventory list is from. I'm sorry I didn't mention that. :)

It is a non binding estimate that will change with the final weight.

This price ($3100) does seem average but I'm curious what others think.

And my other big concern is the delivery window of 5-19 days. Is that really the best most companies can do?

Again, many thanks!

Ryan

Diane

Postby Diane » Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:19 pm

Ryan,

There are certain guidelines that the van line agents follow when they're estimating delivery times (spreads). It has to do not only with the route but the size of the shipment. The smaller the shipment, the bigger the spread, usually. Yours is on the small side. Once the driver actually arrives at your home, he/she will almost certainly be able to give you a better idea of delivery times.

I think the price sounds good for the distance and weight. You can go on www.navl.com or www.allied.com and input your zip codes, etc. to get a ballpark estimate of what those van lines would charge. You might be able to get them to change the estimate to a Binding Not to Exceed since someone from their fellow agent company (I assume) has seen the stuff you are moving. It's worth a try. But I don't think you have much to worry about.

Another suggestion is to call Moovers, Inc. at www.mooversinc.com to see what they would charge and what their delivery time would be for your shipment. The driver and truck that picks up your shipment would be the driver and truck that delivers it. They would give you a ballpark estimate (with a cap) based on the estimate you already have from the Atlas agent. Moovers has many, many good reviews here and I think their delivery time would be faster than you would get with Atlas.

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:04 pm

Ryan wrote:Hello,

I am moving from Boston to Phoenix at the end of February. I have been in contact with Atlantic Relocation Systems in Phoenix and seem to be off to a good start.

Their quote is $3100 for ~4000lbs. Does this seem reasonable?

Also, they have given us a 5-19 day window of when our items will arrive in Phoenix. That seems like a very large window and they have said they cannot be any more precise until the day the driver arrives to load us up. Is this typical?

These boards are an amazing resource, thanks in advance for any advice!

Ryan

Hey Ryan

I think that price is a lil high for jsut a basic move with an agent. I recently moved from Brooklyn NY to Los Angeles, CA and I had about 3000 Lbs and I only paid $1700.00 final binding price. you should definitly check out that price and make sure they are the one's doing the move from start to finish. I used Expediant Moving out of Brooklyn NY and San Jose, CA you migth want to consider getting a price from them

Diane

Postby Diane » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:07 pm

Anonymous wrote:. . . I used Expediant Moving out of Brooklyn NY and San Jose, CA you migth want to consider getting a price from them

. . . if you want to be SCAMMED good and proper. :evil:

datguy

Postby datguy » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:14 pm

Diane wrote:
Anonymous wrote:. . . I used Expediant Moving out of Brooklyn NY and San Jose, CA you migth want to consider getting a price from them

. . . if you want to be SCAMMED good and proper. :evil:

Are they scammers? I didnt have that kind of experience with them

MusicMom

Postby MusicMom » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:09 pm

Maybe they don't scam their own employees.

DocMiso

Postby DocMiso » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:30 am

Yes, Expediant Van Lines are scammers, unethical, rotten criminals who do not have a heart and are out to make a quick buck. Please read the various posts on Expediant. They have earned their place on the Blacklist on this website and earned their place in hell.

PHX Mover

Postby PHX Mover » Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:28 pm

No matter who you end up using just remember, in Arizona if there is a problem with a company making up ficticious weight receipts or not having weight receipts at all, the Dept. of weights and measures can be contacted. They will show up on the spot with officers if necessary. This only applies for interstate moves coming to AZ. You won't have problems like this with Atlantic (Major van line agent) but anyone else reading this thread could use the information.

Return to “Open Community”