Question on an estimate received

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
colo232

Question on an estimate received

Postby colo232 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:21 pm

I’m in the process of contracting a moving company between three candidates with good reviews here and I will create a thread with a full review as soon as I decide which one is the right one. I won’t like to disclose names until I reach a decision.
I have a question on an estimate I receive by an agent working with Mayflower.
I had requested a GNTE estimate and I got an estimate were you can not see the exact GNTE words.

All it says is:

“The price shown above is the maximum amount to be collected upon delivery, unless an Addendum is executed by Mayflower Transit, LLC and shipper prior to loading.”

“The price shown above includes loading services, transportation from (old home-address is included) to (new home-address is included), and unloading services of the bound weight shown above. All current fuel and insurance related surcharges are also included in the guaranteed (bound) price”

“The shipment will be weighed and the charges for service will be based on the actual weight and services performed less the specified discount or $X,XXX (quote price), whichever is less.”

Can someone help me understand this? Is this a true GNTE?

Thanks for this site!!!

Diane

Re: Question on an estimate received

Postby Diane » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:01 pm

The quote should have the phrase "Option C" (UniGroup's term for a GNTE) somewhere on it, although the language you quote does indicate that it is a GNTE. Ask the rep to write "Option C" on the quote.

Return to “Open Community”