Farewell to the moving industry

Our open community forum is for general moving related questions, comments, and useful information about local and interstate moves.
PHX Mover

Farewell to the moving industry

Postby PHX Mover » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:10 pm

I have been considering for the last year or so on whether or not this is the right business for me. I finally came to the conclusion that I can make a lot more money (and have a lot less stress) going back to my old job. I hope my advice helped at least one or two of ya over the last couple of years. My last day as a moving company will be Tuesday as my old boss wants me to start next Wednesday. After 3 years I guess it's back to corporate america for me. It is just too difficult to compete against the scammers who only charge $45/hr + shrink wrap+ trip charge + fuel+ trans. tax + ins. + pads + blah blah blah. I finally have to give in. Good luck to the industry and good luck to Movingscam.com!!!

MusicMom

Re: Farewell to the moving industry

Postby MusicMom » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:23 pm

I'm so sorry you had to choose another job because of the competition of con-men. Good luck in your new (old) job!

Diane

Postby Diane » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:27 pm

You've helped us a LOT, Travis. I wish things were different, but thank you so much for your contributions.
Diane
Check out domestic companies on this thread. Click here for a detailed, authoritative article on international moving.

BigLeeCalif

Postby BigLeeCalif » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:29 pm

Just because you're switching careers doesn't mean not to stay in touch.

Your invaluable knowledge isn't changing, and you can still give good advice.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

Diane

Postby Diane » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:33 pm

Yes, don't be a stranger . . . I just added your generous remarks about Camelback Moving to the Superlist.

Will your moving company be going on without you in some form?

PHX Mover

Postby PHX Mover » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:03 pm

I am sure I will still be checking in but the new 50 hr work week will limit that time a bit. TIME 2 MOVE will not be continuing on since technically I am TIME 2 MOVE. It isn't worth enough to try to sell it to a new owner so everything will just be sold off. :(

BigLeeCalif

Postby BigLeeCalif » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:43 pm

send me a msg at work tomorrow and let me know what assets you're parting with.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

Return to “Open Community”